Starbucks on the Encore???

SailorMan20

1 minute ago, SailorMan20 said:

Am I reading it right that The Encore will have a Starbucks on it??? I will be in heaven if true. I Love Coffeeeeeee.

Yes, there will be a Starbucks but the cost will be extra. Specialty coffee is not included in the cruise fare or the basic drink package. 

8 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

Yes, there will be a Starbucks but the cost will be extra. Specialty coffee is not included in the cruise fare or the basic drink package. 

I can Buy $100 worth of Starbucks as My TA gave Me a OBC of $100. 

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Starbucks has been appearing on an increasing number of ships.  It would not surprise me if ultimately every NCL ship has one.

Is it a standalone store or is a resturant just selling Starbucks products?

1 minute ago, SailorMan20 said:

Is it a standalone store or is a resturant just selling Starbucks products?

There are full service stores on Bliss, Joy, Getaway, and Sky, and Encore will have one when it debuts.  The other ships may or may not have products available.  The trend has been to convert the atrium cafes to Starbucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

There are full service stores on Bliss, Joy, Getaway, and Sky, and Encore will have one when it debuts.  The other ships may or may not have products available.  The trend has been to convert the atrium cafes to Starbucks.

Very Nice. I gotta bring My Starbucks Mug with Me on board.

10 minutes ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

We were just on the Getaway and you were not able to use Onboard Credit...it was an extra charge to the room. We had both Refundable and Non-Refundable credit and it still was charged to the room. 

The Starbucks charge would be on your bill for the full amount then your OBC would reduce the total charge at the end of the cruise. I was recently on the Star which converted the atrium bar to Starbucks and that's how it worked. Didn't use Starbucks on Bliss so can't confirm, but didn't hear any comments from other passengers regarding using OBC.

27 minutes ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

We were just on the Getaway and you were not able to use Onboard Credit...it was an extra charge to the room. We had both Refundable and Non-Refundable credit and it still was charged to the room. 

I just got done talking to My TA and got it confirmed. I can't use My OBC to buy Starbucks drinks so I guess I will be buying My own drinks out of My pockets. This blows.

It was interesting ........ We were on the Bliss and their Starbucks was always empty. My wife and daughters love Starbucks and went every day. We used our purchased OBC. There was never anyone in line. I don't know if it was because the passengers on our Panama Canal cruise were mostly retirement age but it was apparent that they had no intentions of paying for coffee Starbucks prices) when they could get it for free in the buffet. Worked out for us but I wonder if that is the normal ........ Thought it might be the new NCL Margaritaville ghost town venue ......

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

It was interesting ........ We were on the Bliss and their Starbucks was always empty. My wife and daughters love Starbucks and went every day. We used our purchased OBC. There was never anyone in line. I don't know if it was because the passengers on our Panama Canal cruise were mostly retirement age but it was apparent that they had no intentions of paying for coffee Starbucks prices) when they could get it for free in the buffet. Worked out for us but I wonder if that is the normal ........ Thought it might be the new NCL Margaritaville ghost town venue ......

It may have to do with the weather.  In Alaska there always seemed to be people in there, although the lines were shorter than you'd find at a land-based cruise.  On the other hand, in the Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas the Starbucks always looked completely empty.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

It may have to do with the weather.  In Alaska there always seemed to be people in there, although the lines were shorter than you'd find at a land-based cruise.  On the other hand, in the Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas the Starbucks always looked completely empty.

Good thought, perhaps it was just too hot for a hot coffee. I can see it being a hit in Alaska. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, WanderlustJourney said:

You can use your Starbucks card and app at the actual Starbucks "stores" onboard (Bliss, Joy, Encore, etc), not the atrium cafes that "serve Starbucks".

That is good news. I want to earn stars. I am thinking it is similar to Target where you can earn stars but the promos are not counted. 

1 hour ago, LoraJ said:

Do they just have their coffees or do they also have the refreshers and teas? 

The Starbucks-branded stores have the full drink menu, including whatever seasonal specials are being offered at the time.  They do not have the full food menu, but rather bakery items only.  It's similar to what you might find at a grocery store kiosk rather than a standalone store.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:22 AM, Linda the Book Lover said:

That is good news. I want to earn stars. I am thinking it is similar to Target where you can earn stars but the promos are not counted. 

Correct, you can earn stars however you can't use any rewards onboard. I know Starbucks recently changed their rewards program so you can always ask, but I believe you can only pay with the card/app and collect stars.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2019 at 2:38 PM, Bowmanvilletravel said:

Huh??

If you don't use your Starbucks card.... all purchases on board are charged to your stateroom...... the OBC will apply to the total balance of your stateroom account (not necessarily specific to an individual charge) 

Edited by esm54687

• 2 years later...