Wireless Internet Access Rates

crisgomes

Hello, we are sailing on the Disney Magic this august departing from Copenhagen. Any one has any ideas what the wireless internet access rates would be? All information I could find says that you can check the packages when you board but we would like to know in advance to be able to plan accordingly. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cristina

3 minutes ago, crisgomes said:

Hello, we are sailing on the Disney Magic this august departing from Copenhagen. Any one has any ideas what the wireless internet access rates would be? All information I could find says that you can check the packages when you board but we would like to know in advance to be able to plan accordingly. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cristina

I don't know if it's changed, but this is what was reported a few years ago:

There are really two ways to purchase internet on a Disney Cruise. The first way is to select from one of three fixed data allotment packages ranging from $19 for 100MB to $89 for 1GB. Alternatively, you could select the pay-as-you-go plan, where you will pay an a la carte rate of 25¢ per megabyte. The pay-as-you-go plan does allow guests to set a spending limit as an insurance policy to prevent over spending in the event you leave your device connected to the internet overnight.

Pay As You Go 25¢ per MB
Small Package 100 MB $19 19¢ per MB
Medium Package 300 MB $39 13¢ per MB
Large Package 1000 MB $89 9¢ per MB
  • Thanks 1

Do check your Navigator on the embarkation day.  DCL used to offer a FREE 50 mb trial but you had to sign up before midnight on embarkation day. I don't know if that offer is still in effect.  At the end of your trial you can purchase a package or not--your choice.  The nice thing is that the trial allows you to confirm that all your data eating stuff is turned off and you can get an idea of how much you might use.  Actually, the 50 mb may last a few days-enough that people on a short cruise may have all they need!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Do check your Navigator on the embarkation day.  DCL used to offer a FREE 50 mb trial but you had to sign up before midnight on embarkation day. I don't know if that offer is still in effect.  At the end of your trial you can purchase a package or not--your choice.  The nice thing is that the trial allows you to confirm that all your data eating stuff is turned off and you can get an idea of how much you might use.  Actually, the 50 mb may last a few days-enough that people on a short cruise may have all they need!

The free 50mb was still in effect as of September when we cruised. I haven't heard of them removing it, so I have to assume it's still offered.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...