Norway - Land of the Midnight Sun on Sapphire Princess June 15, 2019

PurpleTraveller

16 hours ago, Coral said:

Norway is implementing restrictions on which ships can go to Flam and Geiranger. Not sure about Stavanger. Honestly  - Stavanger and Geiranger were my favorites and I wish I had gone to Flam. Maybe look at other lines.

Geiranger was my favourite port and the cruising in and out of Flam was my favourite scenic cruising during the cruise. I am so glad that I got to see them both and also Stavanger. 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

Alison, we will be on Celebrity Silhouette on September 1 for just 7 days. Just 4 ports.

The review will kick off on the X board September 9 when I get home. It will be a very long review, that much I know, as we will be in London before and after and we are both excited about that. The Silhouette is also our favorite ship to date and I have a better camera than I had on my first trip on her and a better grip on taking pictures. So I am psyched!

Thanks for the kind wishes!

Norris

Norris, I am so pleased that you will be doing another of your fantastic reviews. I am looking forward to it and also to seeing your photos which are always excellent. I will tune in to your review when I return from China as I don't think I will be able to access Cruise Critic while I am there. Have a great time in London as well as on your cruise. Safe travels! 

Allison 😊

Thank you for a fantastic review. Like you we do not have a cruise in our Personalizer for next year, maybe I can get my husband on board to do this one. We love the scenic part of cruising, hence our 5th cruise to Alaska next month.

Congratulations also to your son. My husband was RAAF for 10 years, unfortunately he didn't get to see much of Australia while serving as he was posted back to our home town for the majority of his 10 years.

11 hours ago, sfkaren said:

Thank you for a fantastic review. Like you we do not have a cruise in our Personalizer for next year, maybe I can get my husband on board to do this one. We love the scenic part of cruising, hence our 5th cruise to Alaska next month.

Congratulations also to your son. My husband was RAAF for 10 years, unfortunately he didn't get to see much of Australia while serving as he was posted back to our home town for the majority of his 10 years.

Thanks so much! I can highly recommend this cruise itinerary as I loved everywhere we went and the scenic cruising was wonderful. I am looking for a 2021 cruise but still haven't been inspired yet.

Also thanks for the good wishes regarding my son. He is thoroughly enjoying his new career. 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise to Alaska! 😊

Edited by PurpleTraveller

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This was such a great review. Informative, with wonderful photos.  Decent info about the ship, but great detail about your adventures in port!

I booked a cruise that is only going to 2 of the ports, but I am happy that Geiranger is one of them, after your assessment. 
Hope I get to cruise with you one day!

10 hours ago, mconthehighseas said:

This was such a great review. Informative, with wonderful photos.  Decent info about the ship, but great detail about your adventures in port!

I booked a cruise that is only going to 2 of the ports, but I am happy that Geiranger is one of them, after your assessment. 
Hope I get to cruise with you one day!

Thank you very much. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the review. I'm also happy that you are going to Geiranger as it was my favourite port and the sail in and out is beautiful. When you are in Geiranger I hope you get to enjoy some of the spectacular scenery there. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! 😊

• Like 1