Back to Back Cruises - ex Southampton - procedure

NSWP

G'day, some advice please..

We have been into and out of Southampton Port before but not done B2B. Next year will be coming into Southampton on Arcadia, after a bit of the 'worldie' from Singapore.  Then staying on for her next cruise same day - Iberia/Canaries.  We could not get the same cabin for both.  So the question is: Will we have to fully disembark take all our luggage off like other pax and re check in? or be processed on board, new card etc.  Probably have to go through Immigration though.

Thanks in anticipation.

At the end of cruise number one you will need to go to the reception desk to collect a new cruise card. They will arrange for your steward to help move your luggage to your new cabin. Once you have your new cruise card you can disembark and spend the day in Southampton just like any other port day. You can rejoin the ship without passing through immigration and you need to use the crew's entry point on one of the lower decks. 

You will receive a letter in your cabin explaining the whole process, it's very well organised. 

Have a great trip! 

We have had a B2B cruise as you describe. You do not have to disembark, and the staff will transfer all of your cabin contents to your new cabin for you. You don't even have to pack. If it is a similar cabin they sometimes just swap  the drawers over. If you decide to go for a walkabout in the town, You need to change your cards for your new cruise at reception. Be sure to do this before you go ashore. The only problem we had, was trying to board the ship again before the new passengers had started boarding. Security had to call the captain, to allow us back onboard. All resolved within about 10 minutes. Hope this helps. Also we will be on board with you on the 'worldie'.

18 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

I read somewhere it might be closed on change-over day Annie so glad it will be open. Have booked a B2B for the first time. 

Can't make any promises, Tartanexile, but last time we did a B2B we asked on board and were told it would open at 8am on changeover day. I sloped down on the off chance at 7.30am; it wasn't locked and was blissfully deserted.

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks for all replies, I get the picture, but surely Immigration will want to process me, I am an Australian Passport Holder.

But you aren't staying, so it's just like a normal port of call.

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks for all replies, I get the picture, but surely Immigration will want to process me, I am an Australian Passport Holder.

They certainly will. This may be done on the ship prior to arrival.

Brian

9 hours ago, SausPud said:

But you aren't staying, so it's just like a normal port of call.

But we will go into Southampton on the day of arrival from the 'worldie'  and return later in the afternoon for Canaries cruise, plus after Canaries cruise will stay a few weeks in UK, driving around.  I reckon all aliens on board will have to go through UK immigration.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

But we will go into Southampton on the day of arrival from the 'worldie'  and return later in the afternoon for Canaries cruise, plus after Canaries cruise will stay a few weeks in UK, driving around.  I reckon all aliens on board will have to go through UK immigration.

Unfortunately NSWP most of the posters on here won't be "aliens" so we don't know the procedure at Southampton, however I would hope that P&O know the procedure so maybe an e-mail to customer service might enlighten you,............then again this is P&O CS!!!!

51 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Unfortunately NSWP most of the posters on here won't be "aliens" so we don't know the procedure at Southampton, however I would hope that P&O know the procedure so maybe an e-mail to customer service might enlighten you,............then again this is P&O CS!!!!

I can think of a few aliens on here.

🙂

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Now now Dai, we don't want to upset anyone!   Anyway did you have a have a nice cruise, and did it go where you wanted?

Yes all good now in Stockholm.

15631827193381322642316382166130.jpg