Not even 7 days off and booking again- please help me choose room!

lensonlife

I’m booking on the Radiance out of NYC next June to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Grand Turk- slim pickings. Just my husband and I! 25 years together, 22 years of marriage and several children later... this will be our first vacation ALONE, and it’s much needed. We’re choosing Lido, which is ironic because with the kids we always chose deck five and six 😂. Also first time choosing and cabin with a balcony. That said, much of this decision was based on offering- inside cabins were deck one or front of ship- I don’t want those. So, please help me choose the side of the ship I want to be on. Right now 9281, 82, 87, 88, and 94 is available on Lido.

Also, if anyone has any huge opinions about this itinerary, please speak up! I really want to avoid flying next summer- my husband would like to go to Bermuda, but I don’t like that the sailing out of NYC only allows one day there and several days onboard. 

You always want to look at the decks above and below you.  Deck 8 is all cabins, so you are ok there.  Deck 10,  the

waterworks and theater are right above your cabin.  What other locations are available?   Anything on deck 8 forward of 8300 would be a safe choice.  Those cabins you are looking at might be fine, but I believe there is at least a potential for noise.  If you call Carnival, they may also be able to see cabins available that you can't.  Anything on Deck 9 forward of the elevators should be fine as well.  That is a nice itinerary--we are sailing it for the second time in February.  Happy cruising!

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/RD/DeckPlans/carnival-radiance-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

• Like 1

Just now, fyree39 said:

Any of those rooms will have a lot of foot traffic going past, so imo they're all the same. I might go with 81 or 82 to mitigate the noise from the Lido deck.

Thank you! We had HORRIBLE creaking in our stateroom on the Horizon (made worse by significant movement). I got through that (with ear plugs and Benadryl). Carnival was overly gracious though- and we didn’t even make a fuss! Only had asked about it when our room was being serviced. 

1 minute ago, keywest1 said:

You always want to look at the decks above and below you.  Deck 8 is all cabins, so you are ok there.  Deck 10,  the

waterworks and theater are right above your cabin.  What other locations are available?   Anything on deck 8 forward of 8300 would be a safe choice.  Those cabins you are looking at might be fine, but I believe there is at least a potential for noise.  If you call Carnival, they may also be able to see cabins available that you can't.  Anything on Deck 9 forward of the elevators should be fine as well.  That is a nice itinerary--we are sailing it for the second time in February.  Happy cruising!

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/RD/DeckPlans/carnival-radiance-accessible-cruising-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

I’m happy to hear that you are sailing an itinerary for the second time! I actually really thought about doing the ABC again! Although we didn’t do Bonaire (and I’d be content to miss LaRomana- though in COMPLETE fairness, I didn’t get off the ship). I really loved Curaçao and Aruba!!! That ABC itinerary allows you to stay in Aruba until 11! Although I heard they are sleepy at night 💙

I was assigned 9291 (handicapped interior) when I booked last-minute on the Liberty; it was the worst cabin I ever had.  There was a constant stream of people entering/leaving, and many of them extremely noisy.  Are there any other options?

Just now, lensonlife said:

I’m happy to hear that you are sailing an itinerary for the second time! I actually really thought about doing the ABC again! Although we didn’t do Bonaire (and I’d be content to miss LaRomana- though in COMPLETE fairness, I didn’t get off the ship). I really loved Curaçao and Aruba!!! That ABC itinerary allows you to stay in Aruba until 11! Although I heard they are sleepy at night 💙

We did the ABCs a couple of years ago and it wasn't one of our favorites.  It was fine, but we have enjoyed all the other Caribbean itineraries much more.  Surprisingly, we also weren't huge fans of Bermuda.  If you are beach folks, the itinerary you have chosen will be awesome 🙂  There is a ferry that goes from St Thomas to St John.  If you are fans of HGTV, that is where some of the most amazing views we have seen can be found.  

The laid back Caribbean vibe is what appeals to us the most about cruising.  Unplug and unwind with no worries.

• Like 1

I think the itinerary is just fine!

I don't like your cabin choices but I'd pick which ever one was farthest from the Lido activities and closest to those elevators so that's 81 or  82. I'd look to see if there are balconies available on other decks.

4 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

We did the ABCs a couple of years ago and it wasn't one of our favorites.  It was fine, but we have enjoyed all the other Caribbean itineraries much more.  Surprisingly, we also weren't huge fans of Bermuda.  If you are beach folks, the itinerary you have chosen will be awesome 🙂  There is a ferry that goes from St Thomas to St John.  If you are fans of HGTV, that is where some of the most amazing views we have seen can be found.  

The laid back Caribbean vibe is what appeals to us the most about cruising.  Unplug and unwind with no worries.

You describe me! 😌 And yes, probably have watched every episode. I just want to beach and chill. I work in child protection, so this is about as far away from it as I can get. No imminent phone calls, and I can actually exhale. I found 9230- that looks a bit better! 

6 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

You describe me! 😌 And yes, probably have watched every episode. I just want to beach and chill. I work in child protection, so this is about as far away from it as I can get. No imminent phone calls, and I can actually exhale. I found 9230- that looks a bit better! 

9230 looks like a great choice to me.  Book it!  LOL 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:56 PM, lensonlife said:

I’m booking on the Radiance out of NYC next June to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Grand Turk- slim pickings. Just my husband and I! 25 years together, 22 years of marriage and several children later... this will be our first vacation ALONE, and it’s much needed. We’re choosing Lido, which is ironic because with the kids we always chose deck five and six 😂. Also first time choosing and cabin with a balcony. That said, much of this decision was based on offering- inside cabins were deck one or front of ship- I don’t want those. So, please help me choose the side of the ship I want to be on. Right now 9281, 82, 87, 88, and 94 is available on Lido.

Also, if anyone has any huge opinions about this itinerary, please speak up! I really want to avoid flying next summer- my husband would like to go to Bermuda, but I don’t like that the sailing out of NYC only allows one day there and several days onboard. 

We booked! But in the end, found and chose an inside cabin on LIdo that we think will work out (I found review of adjacent room and it was positive re: lack of noise)- it’s not under waterworks (forward). Now that we have another cruise planned, I feel like I can move on with the other parts of my life 😂

• Like 1