? for those who used "The Key" on Symphony

Where was the Key Lunch provided on Embarkation Day?  Did you have a choice of venues?  The Key is not available in my Cruise Planner yet for next year (no details provided yet), so I was curious about the options for the Lunch.  At least, the Current options.  I know things can change...

Edited by karen_g

The Key is changing constantly... On my upcoming sailing, the only offer was for lunch at Jamie's Italian. They also no longer provide priority debarkation on the last day.

Honestly, if you buy it, monitor the package closely as your sailing approaches. Odds are, by that time, The Key will be completely different.

How long until the Ultimate Key. Full access to CK and lounge, priority seating with Pinnacle and Suite guests when waiting to board.   A special gold towel to alert others that you are not a chair hog but instead a key holder with all day personal lounger access. Plus a name tag so everyone knows who you are and can give you priority elevator privileges as well...  Love lazy Saturdays with nothing to do. To the lowly 99%, happy keyless cruising.

This ship does not need the key at all. We parked in parking garage and was on the ship in less than 10 minutes at 11:30 am. Park cafe is a great lunch for free with nobody there. In room at 1 pm and walked off ship with luggage at 8:30 and to the car in 15 minutes tops. Shows had no problem finding seats. We show up usually 25 min  prior to shows and always got great seats. Buy one internet package and u can all share. Never would I spend money on the key on symphony. 

Edited by renza

1 hour ago, ryguy2008 said:

The Key is changing constantly... On my upcoming sailing, the only offer was for lunch at Jamie's Italian. They also no longer provide priority debarkation on the last day.

Honestly, if you buy it, monitor the package closely as your sailing approaches. Odds are, by that time, The Key will be completely different.

Was this on Symphony?

39 minutes ago, renza said:

This ship does not need the key at all. We parked in parking garage and was on the ship in less than 10 minutes at 11:30 am. Park cafe is a great lunch for free with nobody there. In room at 1 pm and walked off ship with luggage at 8:30 and to the car in 15 minutes tops. Shows had no problem finding seats. We show up usually 25 min  prior to shows and always got great seats. Buy one internet package and u can all share. Never would I spend money on the key on symphony. 

Good to know, thanks.

I'm on a Facebook page and there is a woman from Australia that just boarded the Symphony with the Key. So far she has posted that there were signs directing you to the various Key perks. She reported that she dropped off her luggage in the theater and that rooms were ready at 1pm and that her luggage was in the room. She reported that lunch was in the MDR and it was the abbreviated Chops lunch menu. She did not say if there was an option to go to Jamies.

Edited by blueridgemama

7 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm on a Facebook page and there is a woman from Australia that just boarded the Symphony with the Key. So far she has posted that there were signs directing you to the various Key perks. She reported that she dropped off her luggage in the theater and that rooms were ready at 1pm and that her luggage was in the room. She reported that lunch was in the MDR and it was the abbreviated Chops lunch menu. She did not say if there was an option to go to Jamies.

Live update, the woman mentioned above reported that there were 160 Keys sold on her cruise. She reported that they were not given a choice but were directed to the MDR with the Chops menu.

3 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Live update, the woman mentioned above reported that there were 160 Keys sold on her cruise. She reported that they were not given a choice but were directed to the MDR with the Chops menu.

Sigh. This is why I cancelled The Key on my upcoming Symphony sailing. 

Cruise planner said it was lunch at Jamie's and the phone agents were utterly clueless. Told me that I can skip the lines at the ultimate abyss whenever I want, etc. 

There's also been reports on Symphony of the reserved show seating being full unless you still arrive very early, which defeats the purpose. 

4 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Thank you for this info.

59 minutes ago, ryguy2008 said:

There's also been reports on Symphony of the reserved show seating being full unless you still arrive very early, which defeats the purpose. 

Wow!  Yes, that DOES defeat the purpose of getting the Key Reserved Seating.  I didn't know this.

16 minutes ago, LeeW said:

You do also get special extra hours on flowrider and rock wall.  Check the Key thread to see why anyone would buy this.  For us $5/day/pp would be too much.

Yeah, 1 hour/week per item and at very odd times.