Bidding on upgrade

Mcrevet

it can be very worthwhile if you are able to obtain an upgraded room for less than if you had paid for the full upgrade.   The downside is you may receive a cabin in a location that is either noisy or obstructed view.

Only you can decide if it is worth.  Compare the actual price of a direct upgrade vs. the bidding option.  Also your budget.

I always book a room we will be happy with, and than look for a reasonable upgrade bid.  Our current booking they want over $1500 combined minimum bid to move to a suite.  Not worth it to me.  We like the pampering in the suites(never with Celebrity but several with NCL), but i am more interested in more space and privacy when traveling with our teanage son.  With Celebrity suites not havung private bedrooms it isnt worth it.

We did bid on a family balcony which while not completely  private it does give us seperate space.

Enjoy whatever you decide

5 hours ago, keep on cruisin said:

I always book a room we will be happy with, and than look for a reasonable upgrade bid.  Our current booking they want over $1500 combined minimum bid to move to a suite.  Not worth it to me.  We like the pampering in the suites(never with Celebrity but several with NCL), but i am more interested in more space and privacy when traveling with our teanage son.  With Celebrity suites not havung private bedrooms it isnt worth it.

Actually, all the Celebrity suites except sky suites have a private bedroom.

15 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually, all the Celebrity suites except sky suites have a private bedroom.

I saw that too, and it was the Sky Suites that they wanted $1500 minimum bid.  The Celebrity suite is $2000 minimum bid.  Cant justify that much.