Does X offer a bar set-up purchase

theduffys

before boarding. We refuse to smuggle and on both HAL and NCL we were able to pre-order Scotch to be in our stateroom when we arrived on board. We are hoping this option is also offered by X. If it is, does anyone have the number to call? Neither HAL nor NCL show this offer on their Web site but we got the proper phone number on these wonderful boards so, we ask again.

p.s.--I did try the search option but got nowhere

hi, on the celebrity website, bottom of page, "shop Celebrity" there are bonvoyage gifts available, includes, liquor, wine and champagne packages. liqour includes some soda and nuts, not sure what size bottles, and prices aren't exactly giveaways, but it's easier than smuggling. i noticed the prices and selection on ncl are better, but this is the option we are planning on using

Thanks so much. I never scrolled all the way down and, so, I thought it was just wine that could be purchased. I assume that, like on HAL and NCL, the bottles are 1 liter. Now, if i can convince them to make the six cans Pepsie or Coke instead of soda water, we will be sitting pretty:D .

BTW--we do not put the scotch in the cola drinks:p

. Now, if i can convince them to make the six cans Pepsie or Coke instead of soda water, we will be sitting pretty:D .

BTW--we do not put the scotch in the cola drinks:p

You will be sitting pretty. When they deliver them, they ask you what you would like and if it is in the room before you arrive you can call and have whatever you like. We had 2 pepsi and 4 tonics with a bottle of whisky as DH takes it on the rocks so I drank the other cans when I wanted

enjoy!

yes, it is a liter. Yes, you can request what canned beverages you want. Although, i wasn't aware they had both Pepsi AND Coke. We ordered Diet Coke...and even asked for that when we placed our order and it was correctly in our room. The assorted nuts package is also quite generous. The value of the deal varies depending on what you get. The price difference for Absolut and Grey Goose is more than $5 in the retail store...but only $5 on X.

Like I said in an earlier post, we don't mix them--Scotch rocks and Pepsie rocks are our two poisens of choice:D . I also saw that I can get Glenlivit for $5 more than Dewars. Can't get that kind of deal in my local store!!

I thought I should make note here:

Don't count on your order waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive. I made that mistake, and was sorely disappointed on the Century last year. I thought I would make myself a quick drink before joining friends poolside prior to sailaway. I found nothing waiting for me. I had a 12th deck sky suite, too. After making an inquiry to my butler, he went off to check on the order I placed a month prior to the cruise. As it turned out, I did not get my bottle of scotch until four hours after we sailed away ...:mad:

The package is available before sailing as a bon voyage and needs to be ordered in advance and consumed in your cabin. It may need to be ordered up to two weeks in advance, I think.

I wouldn't count on Pepsi on board, I think you will be disappointed. Sorry.

Enjoy!

Winnie

• 3 weeks later...
Can these packages be ordered while on board?

Jagoffee - you can order the liquor packages onboard as well. We used this on our last, transatlantic cruise on Millennium when we entertained a little more than we expected. We coordinated with our cabin stewardess each time so that we'd order the package in the morning, chat with her that morning (or the day before) so she'd be able to deliver the liquor and mixers, along with enough glasses and ice, and some hors d'ouvres, in the evening right before our guests arrived. We had a FV cabin, not a suite, and she was perfectly happy to take care of everything.

We noticed that the guest relations desk would call to follow up each time and make sure we got our order - perhaps they've had problems with orders going astray?

on our last three cruise on Celebrity, we have ordered the liquor packages. Our usual order was one with Absolute and the other with Beefeater's gin. Each package comes with six sodas of your choice [my DW is the soda drinker and mixer so she we usually order three squirts and three ginger ales, so we end up with 12 cans :D]. It is not a bad deal since the sodas ordered separately run about $13.50 for six, the bottle are litres, not the American fifths, and yes the nut package, of cashews, almonds and peanuts are very generous. [We still have 4 of the nut packages in our pantry unopened.]

Now for a little secret!!!! On our 11 night cruise on Mercury in January of this year - we ran out [surprise!! :D] and we asked our butler for two more liquor packages - and they were delivered in less than an hour from Cova.

They have never been in our RS when we first embarked, and just a comment to the butler results in them appearing almost by magic! Of course, we were enjoying the nice chilled bottle of champage that always awaits us.

I thought I should make note here:

Don't count on your order waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive. I made that mistake, and was sorely disappointed on the Century last year. I thought I would make myself a quick drink before joining friends poolside prior to sailaway. I found nothing waiting for me. I had a 12th deck sky suite, too. After making an inquiry to my butler, he went off to check on the order I placed a month prior to the cruise. As it turned out, I did not get my bottle of scotch until four hours after we sailed away ...:mad:

Was Vasant your butler? ahem.

We just ordered our 2 packages... They would not even write down what we wanted...said that a card would be in our room and we would "choose" our liquor and soft drinks at that time.

We drink our Jack and Grey Goose on the rocks, as we are not soda drinkers. Does anyone know if we can get bottles of water instead of the soda?

Ours was 750 ml.

Just got back from Infinity, E. Carib. last weekend. We pre-ordered (by fax) about a month before. Did not get any confirmation emailed back (as I asked for on the fax) but I did see the charge ($55) on our credit card bill, so I took a copy of that and my order form along just in case.

No problems getting exactly what we asked for (Knob Creek and 6 diet cokes, plus cashews etc.) though it didn't arrive until that night; a card was in the room, asking for prefs to be circled, when we arrived.

The Knob Creek was 750 ml, though, not a liter. I still think it was a pretty good value, and will probably order again. I do think they should specify the size of the bottle on the order form, or on their site, imho. From reading the boards, I kinda expected a liter ... no biggie, though.

Archived