Miami Airport to Port with Stop for Wine - Best Location?

Janie001

Hello,

We are landing in Miami on the day of the cruise and want to stop on the way to the port for some wine.  We are not looking for anything exotic so where would be the most streamlined place to jump out of an Uber to purchase?  

I understand that Uber now allows multiple stops but if there is a better way (i.e. more economical) to do this, feel free to chime in.  We are a party of 5.

Thank you!

Party of 5 you'll need an UberXL or an Uber-SUV. But with a stop that is still the best idea than dealing with a taxi. 

Flying in the day of cruise is rough and never suggested. 

My best idea would be the Wholefoods Market in Downtown Miami. It will be about a 5-10 min drive from that Wholefoods to the Port. Large win selection there. 

59 minutes ago, Flymia said:

Party of 5 you'll need an UberXL or an Uber-SUV. But with a stop that is still the best idea than dealing with a taxi. 

Flying in the day of cruise is rough and never suggested. 

My best idea would be the Wholefoods Market in Downtown Miami. It will be about a 5-10 min drive from that Wholefoods to the Port. Large win selection there. 

Thanks.  Unavoidable to travel day of this time (first time ever in 11 cruises), we have a very early flight booked through the cruise line and because it is summer I was willing to take the risk.  However I am sure I will be extremely stressed out!

7 minutes ago, Janie001 said:

Thanks.  Unavoidable to travel day of this time (first time ever in 11 cruises), we have a very early flight booked through the cruise line and because it is summer I was willing to take the risk.  However I am sure I will be extremely stressed out!

Well summer in Miami is the time when our airports have delays, but 95% of the time the delays are in the afternoon. So you are right everything should go fine. 

Depending on how fussy you are, CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Winn-Dixie carry wine.  So you can ask to stop at anyone of these chains along the way, or if they know of someplace better like ABC or Total Wine or Wholefoods. 

1 hour ago, RocCruisers said:

Depending on how fussy you are, CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Winn-Dixie carry wine.  So you can ask to stop at anyone of these chains along the way, or if they know of someplace better like ABC or Total Wine or Wholefoods. 

Thanks, not fussy since we will be in a hurry:)

Publix Supermarket has a decent selection of wines. They have locations all over the South Florida area. Most stores have a selection of over one hundred different bottles ranging in price from under ten dollars to over fifty plus.

2 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Publix Supermarket has a decent selection of wines. They have locations all over the South Florida area. Most stores have a selection of over one hundred different bottles ranging in price from under ten dollars to over fifty plus.

Would definitely be able to find something to suit with that many.  Thanks.