Premium Plus Beverage Package

Voelfgar

1 hour ago, wetcoast said:

According to guest services it is not, but they ended up taking off the charge anyway

Interesting, the first time we were charged the Haven bartender removed the charge, the second time the Haven concierge called down to DBH and verified it was included and removed it. 

When did you sail?

Edited by aero777

14 minutes ago, aero777 said:

Interesting, the first time we were charged the Haven bartender removed the charge, the second time the Haven concierge called down to DBH and verified it was included and removed it. 

When did you sail?

In May on Bliss

14 hours ago, AlexandNessa said:

Anyone know:

If you upgrade onboard, do they print you a new card or do you get a sticker or something to indicate the Plus package?

And has anyone had issues recently using N/R OBC to upgrade? We have 600$ OBC, so thinking of a splurge since we're staying right outside the Haven bar. If we can't use OBC,  may upgrade in advance so the Plus package will already be indicated when we get our card at check in.

You can use non-refundable OBC for anything except gratuities, so I can’t see a problem using it to upgrade.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, albertamom said:

With the PPBP, if we have an included bottle of wine with dinner, can we share it with our dinner companions who don't have the PPBP?

I don't know for sure, but you could theoretically take it with you, and then share with anyone you wanted, so I don't know if they would care if you share at the table.  When we did it, it was just me and my husband so we both had the package anyway.

2 hours ago, kfnesq said:

I don't know for sure, but you could theoretically take it with you, and then share with anyone you wanted, so I don't know if they would care if you share at the table.  When we did it, it was just me and my husband so we both had the package anyway.

Thank you!  I guess we'll find out.  We'll ask our server first, as it would be a little awkward to have a bottle and not be able to share it.  😬

We leave next month out of Boston to Quebec. It will be our third NCL cruise. I believe we had the drink package on those as well but we mainly cruise Carnival and was bummed to see we need to upgrade to get bottled water and coffee drinks.

Oh well. Bummer but not a deal breaker. Bottled water is just a nice convenience when in shows or someplace water is not easy to get to.

To clarify, you CAN share your wine with friends/family at dinner. 

You also get fresh squeezed OJ, or ANY juice from the Juice Bar.  On Breakaway, it was at the bar just aft and port from the Garden Cafe.  We had celery, apple, orange, garlic etc.....They usually charge $3 per, but included with PPB

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

We leave next month out of Boston to Quebec. It will be our third NCL cruise. I believe we had the drink package on those as well but we mainly cruise Carnival and was bummed to see we need to upgrade to get bottled water and coffee drinks.

Oh well. Bummer but not a deal breaker. Bottled water is just a nice convenience when in shows or someplace water is not easy to get to.

Water is quite expensive on NCL, look at what it is for a 24 pack, over $50 if you buy before you come onboard.

You don't have a 15 drink limit either, all you can drink and some of it is expensive booze!

PP is well worth to me.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, JandC_Cruising said:

We returned from our Escape Bermuda cruise yesterday and had a fantastic time.  

On the flight home we did some rough calculation and the Premium Plus package definitely worked out for us.

We paid the extra $243.60 per person and likely drank what would have been $500 per person worth of beverages that we either would have paid for outright, or chosen to avoid altogether.

We had no billing mistakes, which I always checked.

When you were at the restaurant, were the wines that were part of the PPlus by the bottle package easily identifiable?  Or did you need to remember which ones were allowed?

38 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

When you were at the restaurant, were the wines that were part of the PPlus by the bottle package easily identifiable?  Or did you need to remember which ones were allowed?

The wine lists at the restaurants have a symbol next to each bottle that is free with the PPlus, so very easy to pick out.

The funniest thing about having the plus package is that every time we would order something not normally part of the regular plan the server would start to say..."that will be an extra ch...." and then stop when they saw the "PPB" on our key card as we handed it to them.

Another note, at both Le Bistro and Cagney's the wine stewards came over to uncork and decant the wines without asking.  At Le Bistro, he actually tried to upsell us to a "better" Chateauneuf du Pape when he brought our original bottle to the table.  He wasn't forceful, so I was fine declining.  He happily opened what we ordered and continued to discuss wines with us throughout dinner.  

16 hours ago, bobsfamily said:

Water is quite expensive on NCL, look at what it is for a 24 pack, over $50 if you buy before you come onboard.

You don't have a 15 drink limit either, all you can drink and some of it is expensive booze!

PP is well worth to me.

Oh yes, we've cruised NCL before and enjoy some aspects of their beverage package. I especially like that you can get more than one drink at a time. I like to drink Snakebite's so I need a cider and a guinness at the same time. It's impossible on Carnival but a piece of cake on NCL.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, smplybcause said:

This is just the generic wine list. Other venues have more wine options, and it's not the dinner menu wine list which denotes which bottles you can get for free. 

20190505_130222.jpg

Can't see the price on the Prosecco up at the top of the Whites list. Is that $10.95 or $16.95? TYIA

On 8/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, Deeliteful said:

Not that I disbelieve you SydneyBerlin but there will be a cap, certainly doesn’t make commercial sense if there isn’t and NCL aren’t in the habit of giving something for nothing!

NCL also states that the "package" can change once on board.  So, sounds like there could be some ambivalence, but there is also a loophole NCL staff can point to.

22 hours ago, bobsfamily said:

PP is well worth to me.

The bottled water on NCL is their NCL "branded" water.  The filtration systems are quite sophisticated.  My guess is that's what they use.

If you're looking for Dasani or Perrier as the bottled water they use, for example, you'll be disappointed.

21 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

The bottled water on NCL is their NCL "branded" water.  The filtration systems are quite sophisticated.  My guess is that's what they use.

If you're looking for Dasani or Perrier as the bottled water they use, for example, you'll be disappointed.

At all the restaurants we were able to order liter bottles of AquaPanna (Italian still water) on the PPlus package at no charge with our meals.  We did that at every dinner.  We were staying in the Haven on the Escape last week and the Haven bar had that as well.  We got a bottle every night before bed to help flush all the other alcohol out of our systems.😉 

The other bars on the ship had the NCL branded water - also no charge if on the PPlus.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 1:23 PM, kfnesq said:

Starbucks is absolutely included; we went there every morning on the Jade a couple of months ago and used Premium Plus with no issues.

Alas, we are on the Sun now and told that specialty coffee is included in the dining rooms only.  Got a $10 bill for ordering it at the Starbucks cafe.  And yes we have Premium Plus.... 😞

3 minutes ago, ewl said:

Alas, we are on the Sun now and told that specialty coffee is included in the dining rooms only.  Got a $10 bill for ordering it at the Starbucks cafe.  And yes we have Premium Plus.... 😞

I just looked on NCL's site and the Sun and Sky both have a different T&C regarding the PPlus! 

On the Escape the cafe coffee's were included...

image.thumb.png.07eac5023ab32b5cd941b7384ea9e7cb.png

11 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I just looked on NCL's site and the Sun and Sky both have a different T&C regarding the PPlus! 

On the Escape the cafe coffee's were included...

image.thumb.png.07eac5023ab32b5cd941b7384ea9e7cb.png

Doesn’t that just figure! 🙄

Thank you for looking that up and posting!  Now at least we aren’t wondering. 👍

Edited by ewl
Thanks!