Port of Los Angeles Cruise Ship Terminal (San Pedro) Hotels

mrav8tr

Can anyone that has stayed in a hotel in San Pedro for a cruise out of Port of Los Angeles/San Pedro tell me the hotel you stayed at and rate your experience.  There is a group of us going and I want to suggest some hotels that would work for us!

We might do the Park and Sail so please include any input you have on that as well.

Thanks so much!

Everytime I've sailed out of San Pedro I've always stayed at the Crown Plaza. It's clean, well kept and quiet. And super close to the port. I believe the shuttle is $5 per person (last time we opted to take an Uber). There is a Mexican restaurant right across the street where we had dinner and a dinner behind the hotel were we ate breakfast. Both good food and very good prices.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

About a year ago we stayed at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro which had a cruise package that provided free drinks on arrival, free parking (I think it was up to 10 days), free full buffet breakfast, and free transportation to the port and then back when we returned.  The hotel was in need of a bit of remodeling but we were perfectly happy with it.

Edited by BigGuy25

I agree that the Crowne Plaza is a good choice. The items that someone listed as free are not. You pay for a cruise package that includes one night in the hotel and the other items. The transportation is free without the package unless they added a charge since I last stayed there.

Crown Plaza is right downtown. Restaurants nearby. Comp. Shuttle

Doubletree is a very nice hotel at the Cabrillo Marina. It is around 3 miles from downtown. There is a large sea food restaurant within walking distance and I think another restaurant nearby. The Doubletree runs a comp. shuttle service to downtown every 30 minutes and also to the pier.

Sunrise Hotel. A less expensive alternative right on S,. harbor Blvd. They also have a comp. shuttle to the pier.

Vagabond Hotel on S. Gaffney St & 3rd, right next to McDonalds. In the middle of all the stores. I don't have any information about a shuttle.

We have stayed in the Crown Plaza many times. It was comfortable and in a nice location.

We highly recommend the Doubletree.  We've stayed there 5x before and after cruises, and we wouldn't stay anywhere else.  The rooms are spacious and very clean and some have great views of the marina.   The breakfast is excellent, too.  The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and there is a shuttle to the pier.  We're looking forward to our next stay in February 2020.