AARP Carnival Gift cards - Sweepstakes!!!

cruzincat50

Except the Carnival Gift Card sweeps isn't live!  It is "upcoming" since it doesn't start until 8/1, so I can't use any points at this time. 

After I purchased my cards yesterday, I received the email about the fact that the program is changing.  Note it says that they are staggering the roll out.

Last month we told you that in September, Rewards for Good will become AARP Rewards and we promised to keep you updated as important dates approached.

The last day to earn points is Thursday, July 25. You can continue earning points on all eligible activities found here until then (11:59 p.m. ET). We have staggered the last days to earn and redeem so that you have time to use the points in your account. Remember that Rewards for Good points do not roll over to AARP Rewards.

You can continue to redeem your points until the new program starts in September.*
*Specific launch date to be announced.

Edited by NCTribeFan

44 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Note it says that they are staggering the roll out.

What they mean by that is, the final date to earn points is separate from the final date to redeem points. I just wished they'd tell us the actual date the new program starts instead of this vague "September" and "mid-September" stuff. I'm willing to bet they already know.

22 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

When you login to your Rewards for Good account, click on the "Sweepstakes" tab at the top. Then click on one of the live sweepstakes that are currently running. There you'll be able to enter more "tickets."

Thanks!

Verizon used to have the same points program to buy Carnival gift cards.  Then they changed it and now it completely sucks.  No more gift cards and poor ‘rewards’.  I got a measly $3 gift card to use at HomeGoods.  Not even a card, just a barcode to scan on your phone.  Couldn’t use it because HomeGoods didn’t even know what it was.  Not even the manager.   So complete waste and don’t even bother anymore.

So not holding out hope for AARP.