Solo - New to MSC - Dining

OceanBlueWaters

Hello!

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.  I swear I searched and came up with nothing!  I know how repetitive it can get answering the same questions...

Anyway, I am an NCL gal.  Studio Cabin.  Minimum accommodations to get me to my Ports.  I am not loyal to any Cruise Line.  I came upon a great itinerary (for me) at MSC and a good price.  It was significantly lower than NCL (Inside Cabin which is larger than Studios on NCL).  So here I am.

Question:

Dining:  NCL has Freestyle.  I walked in when I wanted and asked for a table for 1 by the window and 100% of the time I got that.  I love the window seats...

Apparently MSC has assigned times.  I have the early seating which is fine.  The question is...can Solo's have "Freestyle" (or whatever they call it on MSC) even though they are booked in Bella?  Honestly I will not starve and Buffet is always an option.  Just wondering...

Misc:  Ship = Armonia.  I am actually looking forward to sailing on a smaller/older ship. 🙂

The Private Island has piqued my interest.  I am following the progress.  I sail in April 2020, so crossing my fingers it will be established by then.  Other cruse line Islands (Perfect Day at CoCo Cay) look like Amusement Parks after major renovations.  Not for me and JMO.  I am cheering this Island comes to completion for all pax headed there in November for opening.  🙂

🙂

On MSC the only Freestyle dining is if you book an Aurea experience cabin, or in the Yacht Club on ships that have it.  If you don't want to eat at your assigned time, your option is the buffet.  You will be assigned a table in the MDR, but you can see the Maitre 'd and ask if you can be moved to a table for one.  EM

• Thanks 1

I've cruise solo twice on the Armonia. The first time I had a table to myself and the second I was a table for 6. 

I actually prefer the group tables and have always gotten along well with my table mates. 

While you won't have a freestyle option, you could check with the dining staff on the first day to see if you are at a solo table, and ask to be moved if not. You'll still have the same dining time, but at least you know you'll be dining by yourself. Also there are no windows in the main dining room so that is not an option.