Mayflower Terminal

naturelovergirl

Boarded QV at the Mayflower Terminal last month. I arrived at about 11:40, where they were already starting to check people in, in fact there wasn't a queue at all. About 5 minutes after arrival, they started embarkation. Since I'm Platinum and they were embarking in the normal check in order (Grills, World Club then everyone else), which all happened very quickly, I was on the ship in only 10 minutes from arrival.

So my advice, would be to turn up at a similar time if you have priority embarkation.

• Like 1

I usually arrive about 11:30 am, and check-in is in progress. I don't think I have waited more than 30 minutes before I am in my suite on the last three or four voyages.  Cunard has cleaned up its act with embarkation in the past few years. Let's hope my September boarding for Hamburg from the Ocean Terminal is as efficient as yours was Panda. I will let you know. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 12:13 PM, NavyPanda said:

Boarded QV at the Mayflower Terminal last month. I arrived at about 11:40, where they were already starting to check people in, in fact there wasn't a queue at all. About 5 minutes after arrival, they started embarkation. Since I'm Platinum and they were embarking in the normal check in order (Grills, World Club then everyone else), which all happened very quickly, I was on the ship in only 10 minutes from arrival.

So my advice, would be to turn up at a similar time if you have priority embarkation.

I am diamond WC member and have just noticed on my e-ticket my time for boarding is 3pm! Not a problem for me as I am coming down from Up North by Cruise Connect coach and don't expect to be there before 2.30pm. Is this a change in procedures?

1 hour ago, SALAD MUNCHER said:

I am diamond WC member and have just noticed on my e-ticket my time for boarding is 3pm! Not a problem for me as I am coming down from Up North by Cruise Connect coach and don't expect to be there before 2.30pm. Is this a change in procedures?

I think this change came in last year. We are also diamond and both trips last year we were given late boarding times.  But we just ignored them and checked in early as was always the case as diamond.  It felt like we'd been demoted!

• Like 1

If you're on a relatively low deck your embarkation time seems to be based on this rather than your CWC status. In Brooklyn we generally get a 12:30 embarkation on our E-ticket when we're on deck 11 and a 2:30 or 3:00 time when we're on Deck 5.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SALAD MUNCHER said:

Mine said 1pm (Deck 1) and I'm Platinum. If you are Platinum or Diamond you can turn up at anytime, just ignore what your e-ticket says.

• Like 1