SUPER BOWL 2020 FLYING IN DAY OF

Would the Royal Air and Sea booking "protect" the OP from missing the ship and provide transportation from FLL to port?

Plus, I've flown out of Richmond on early winter mornings in the past and believe me there's no one at that airport. LOL.  Richmond doesn't typically get heavy snows like New England and Great lakes areas.

However,  trip insurance is always a good idea.

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Would the Royal Air and Sea booking "protect" the OP from missing the ship and provide transportation from FLL to port? ...

They would hold the ship as long as possible.  If the ship had to leave, they would arrange to fly the guests to the next legal port of call.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

They would hold the ship as long as possible.  If the ship had to leave, they would arrange to fly the guests to the next legal port of call.

That's what I thought.  Not as if the OP booked a Jet Blue cheapo fare and is praying for the best. 

Silly me, got all excited about AOTS ABC cruise and booked it that weekend!  Yowser did I make a mistake.  Airfare was three times the normal price and I had to do an AirBnB in North  FLL.

Live and learn and watch for Super Bowl in S FL.  I don't follow sports like I used to.

I am concerned about using Lyft to my condo.  BTW I used to live there!👀

On 7/20/2019 at 5:14 PM, hlfrps said:

I know, I know, don't fly in day of cruise.  Will be only the 2nd time in 30 cruises where we have not flown in at least day before, but:

Cruise is out of Ft Lauderdale on Friday, January 31, 2020.  Hotel rooms are hard to find, excessively expensive and are requiring non refundable payment due to Super Bowl.

So booked non stop flights from Richmond, VA morning of, arriving at 9:30 a.m. into Ft. Lauderdale and booked the flights thru Royal Air and Sea program.

Note to self:  Check where Super Bowl is playing before you get heart set on a particular cruise.

In 30 yrs of cruising I have never arrived the day before and many of my flights have been to San Juan. The earliest that I have arrived was 3:00am same day but that flight was extremely cheap and the cruise left on a Thursday so I couldn't take extra time off from work.  I see no problem especially since you are booked through Royal Air. 

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

you will be fine.. we didn't have an issue finding a cab in Miami even on the morning of the Super bowl.. so the day before you will be fine 🙂

From your lips to.......well, you know.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Pat

• Like 1

Just in case of flight/weather problems you can usually rent a car one way so you don't have to drive back as well - National has good one way prices. On United you can check to see if the status of the arriving plane that you will depart on, which could give you a heads up on problems if you can do that on your airline. Also keep in mind that if it arrives late the same crew might be flying it out in the AM and as such it may be delayed taking off,

But I would say the risk is low anyway - enjoy the cruise!

Edited by WestfieldTraveler
addition