Your Thoughts on Carnival's Sky Zone @ Sea

Szoyka

With the removal of the IMAX, we are given the Sky Zone. I am not a fan of this replacement, but I don't have kids. I can imagine kids are going to go nuts over this. What do you guys think about it?

I don't love the idea either. The target for this will be kids and adolescents. I dont see many adults using this. It takes way too much space for such a narrow target audience. 

Love it or hate it.... The IMAX will be enjoyed by people of all ages.

• Like 2

I agree with all of the above comments, including OPs. This will appeal to most kids and teens, like my younger brother, who goes monthly, if no bimonthly, given we have two locations close by to where we reside. I personally think kids jumping around on a rocking ship will lead to calamitous outcomes. I really think Carnival should have waited to debut this on their XL class ships, and keep the IMAX on all of their Vista and XL class ships. 

• Like 1

I have read on other posts that the IMAX bass would shake rooms up to deck 10. That probably wouldn't bother the wife and I, since we are nightwalkers. I'm sure there are better ideas then what has been put in place though. There is no space on the Vista class set aside for a night club. They just turn one of the lounges into a club at night, right? The ship could have used a dope multi story nightclub.

9 hours ago, Szoyka said:

I have read on other posts that the IMAX bass would shake rooms up to deck 10. That probably wouldn't bother the wife and I, since we are nightwalkers. I'm sure there are better ideas then what has been put in place though. There is no space on the Vista class set aside for a night club. They just turn one of the lounges into a club at night, right? The ship could have used a dope multi story nightclub.

one of the problems with IMAX is licensing to show the movies. i guess the ticket sales on the vista and horizon were too low to cover the cost off licensing and that's why it was never added to the panorama

I wont be surprised to see the imax being removed from the vista/horizon in the next 10 or so years.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shof515 said:

one of the problems with IMAX is licensing to show the movies. i guess the ticket sales on the vista and horizon were too low to cover the cost off licensing and that's why it was never added to the panorama

I wont be surprised to see the imax being removed from the vista/horizon in the next 10 or so years.

My thoughts exactly. No doubt Panorama would have an IMAX theater if it was generating significant revenue on Vista and Horizon.

10 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

If I was willing to actually sail on Vista class and above, I would use this.  I'm 30.

What makes you unwilling to sail on the above mentioned classes? I am going to be 30 by the time this cruise of mine comes around in January, shows how different tastes for entertainment are. A big indoor rock climbing park would have been better. A multi level nightclub should have been put in that spot IMHO.

Edited by Szoyka
adding content