Carnival and Japan/Asia

Cookson

So Carnival is opening a new port in Japan(next year?). What are the chances of this being actually for a Carnival cruise rather than a sister carnival line like princess?

Only reason I’m asking is I’d love to bring all my “rewards” on a Japan cruise with Carnival since I go on a ton in Caribbean cruises with them. 

Asia is being eyed for 2021 for us whether it’s Carnival or not!

17 minutes ago, Cookson said:

So Carnival is opening a new port in Japan(next year?). What are the chances of this being actually for a Carnival cruise rather than a sister carnival line like princess?

Only reason I’m asking is I’d love to bring all my “rewards” on a Japan cruise with Carnival since I go on a ton in Caribbean cruises with them. 

Asia is being eyed for 2021 for us whether it’s Carnival or not!

Where did you see they were opening a port in Japan?

My guess is this is going to be on Princess, not on a Carnival ship.  At least, not anytime before 2021/2022.  I went through the ships and availability and nothing is "hiding" (as if they were going to announce) but with the terminal opening for the Olympics, I would guess that it will be Princess, which already has a steady presence there.  I do wonder if they will do a swing or two up from the Spirit currently in Australia, as it seems as though the ships do travel up and down the Pacific with ease.  

I struggled decided who to book Japan through, since my kiddo and I are very loyal CCL-ers.  I was going to book a back to back on Princess, but was really struggling to eat the price when RCCL has a ship that's just as acceptable for a back to back that was just about half as much for a balcony room.  The price difference is letting me surprise her with a week in Japan and Hong Kong before boarding the ship.  

This is probably for the upcoming china brand, CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping, starting service with Costa's Atlantica and Mediterranea (Spirit Class) then adds two Vista class ships in 2023-2024.

Carnival was suppose to bring the Miracle over to Asia but that got cancelled.

15 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

This is probably for the upcoming china brand, CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping, starting service with Costa's Atlantica and Mediterranea (Spirit Class) then adds two Vista class ships in 2023-2024.

Carnival was suppose to bring the Miracle over to Asia but that got cancelled.

I would agree with this and also add that Costa has a fairly strong Asia presence already. 

• Like 1