Cruise Information

denmarks

I have a Google Doc that I created for my Roll Call that contains information that may be difficult to find at the Princess website. They have a very poor search function. What do you think I can add and where would I find the info? Click link below.

16 minutes ago, denmarks said:

I have a Google Doc that I created for my Roll Call that contains information that may be difficult to find at the Princess website. They have a very poor search function. What do you think I can add and where would I find the info? Click link below.

I looked at your spreadsheet (quickly, I admit), but I'm not sure what info you're lacking/looking for.

2 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I looked at your spreadsheet (quickly, I admit), but I'm not sure what info you're lacking/looking for.

That is why I am asking others. I enjoy playing around with the doc and am just wondering what would be of use that is not there. 

25 minutes ago, denmarks said:

link ?  I've blocked all signatures ... not really interested in humble brags ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, denmarks said:

That is why I am asking others. I enjoy playing around with the doc and am just wondering what would be of use that is not there. 

On our similar cruises (lots of sea days between US and first/last port), our CC groups have had a number of organized activities on those sea days and members also organized port tours.  All this info would be on the SS that one of our fellow cruisers put together.  Also, the ss included CC members "handle" and names, cabin #'s, hometown, etc. so we'd get to know each other a bit before the cruise.  You have posted very thorough info on the ship and its offerings/facilities so that's a good start, although that's rarely been a part of the CC spreadsheets we've been on.  Since your cruise has twice as many sea days as port days, hopefully your fellow CC folks will step up and organize things like a slot pull, book group, cabin crawl, etc., etc.

You have the most complete selection of information about a cruise that I have ever seen!

I have many times made a “Roll Call” list and also a chart of independent tours that people have booked.

My “Roll Call” lists are similar to yours but also included a few extra items. You can see my last list at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mx3cOGMXbCwCZN3FlQDJSDlj4tfxXWdVRB-BGT5Mby4/edit?usp=sharing

Maybe this will give you some ideas. (Make sure you click on the tabs at the bottom)

52 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

For starters, a link to it would be useful.

Many people have signatures on the forum turned OFF. Too much nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TwoCruisers said:

You have the most complete selection of information about a cruise that I have ever seen!

I have many times made a “Roll Call” list and also a chart of independent tours that people have booked.

My “Roll Call” lists are similar to yours but also included a few extra items. You can see my last list at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mx3cOGMXbCwCZN3FlQDJSDlj4tfxXWdVRB-BGT5Mby4/edit?usp=sharing

Maybe this will give you some ideas. (Make sure you click on the tabs at the bottom)

I used to have my own web site with all that info with links to detailed activities. It got too expensive so I am just using a Google Doc. As I get more into I will probably expand the member list to show additional details.

Very nicely done and very complete. We are doing the Hawaii Cruise in November on the Star out of LA.

I didn't notice any information on internet packages. Is the Grand a Medallion ship? The Star is not.

Thanks for creating this.

Roger

23 hours ago, denmarks said:

Wow.  Never seen anything quite like that.  It seems more of a Princess Guide Book than info for a Roll Call.  You could carve out most of the info and it's a general guide.  Two things I noticed without going into detailed analysis:

1. Botticelli is located aft.

2. On the internet pricing, you might point out that Platinum and above will get 25% off the pre-cruise pricing and on board for embarkation special.  You are obviously at least Platinum, so if you are quoting prices based on your Personalizer offerings, they should be already 25% off "list" price.

Edited by steelers36

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

2. On the internet pricing, you might point out that Platinum and above will get 25% off the pre-cruise pricing and on board for embarkation special.  You are obviously at least Platinum, so if you are quoting prices based on your Personalizer offerings, they should be already 25% off "list" price.

Please clarify how you would change my price list. I assume you are referring to the 3 packages. I would like to indicate pre and during cruise prices with Platinum and above and others. I assume that there would be 3 or 4 prices for each package. I am Elite so I only see my prices.

1 hour ago, Eagleeye said:

Very nicely done and very complete. We are doing the Hawaii Cruise in November on the Star out of LA.

I didn't notice any information on internet packages. Is the Grand a Medallion ship? The Star is not.

Thanks for creating this.

Roger

It is not Medallion Class and the packages are probably only until they convert next year.

6 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Please clarify how you would change my price list. I assume you are referring to the 3 packages. I would like to indicate pre and during cruise prices with Platinum and above and others. I assume that there would be 3 or 4 prices for each package. I am Elite so I only see my prices.

For our recent REGAL cruise, I called Princess ahead of time and inquired about the Medallion package price (it was our first Medallion cruise).  It was offered to me for $75 in Personalizer and when I inquired I was told the regular price (non-Platinum) was $100, so therefore I was getting the 25% discount. 

There is no way to know ahead of time what the price will be on board (unless you know someone on just the same trip one or two before yours).  However, the embarkation day price will likely be better than the Personalizer price from almost all reports I read.  In our case, the price was $90 ($10 less) and $67.50 ($7.50) less.  I had pre-purchased it, but the Internet Manager gave us each a $7.50 refund via OBC to cabin folio.  In future, I am going to wait until on board to book as I usually have OBC to spend anyway. 

PS - We had a trip earlier this year on Majestic and it had packages like yours.  Similarly there was an embarkation special rate.  I booked the Surf package and then upgraded to the top package for the final three days (all at sea).

Edited by steelers36