Wheelchair Access

Just booked on ID for October with an accessible cabin as  Hubby uses a wheelchair all the time.  Just wondering if there are designated wheelchair viewing spaces for shows etc and also in MDR as looking at pictures there does not look to ba a lot of room between tables.

TIA

17 minutes ago, CMsmum said:

Just booked on ID for October with an accessible cabin as  Hubby uses a wheelchair all the time.  Just wondering if there are designated wheelchair viewing spaces for shows etc and also in MDR as looking at pictures there does not look to ba a lot of room between tables.

TIA

Im in a wheelchair as well  :)  I generally find that the MDR is very accommodating.  You can go there as soon as you board and find your table.  If you dont think the location will work, you can asked to be moved to a different table  :)

Wheelchair seating in the theater is in the back but can vary on each ship as to main floor or upper floor if memory serves me correctly.  Seems like on Radiance and Freedom, it was on the upper level, very near the reserved seating area.  

Freedom lists it as:

• Forward and rear wheelchair seating in Arcadia Theater; elevator to forward seating
Edited by ryano

Thanks for that.  I take it then, that you have an allocated table in MDR that you sit at every night and don't have to wait for tables to become available as in rrestaurants etc 

42 minutes ago, CMsmum said:

Thanks for that.  I take it then, that you have an allocated table in MDR that you sit at every night and don't have to wait for tables to become available as in rrestaurants etc 

yes if you are not assigned to my time dining. 

The Windjammer also has accessible signs on their tables. They are specifically for passengers with disabilities. If you need a table and it is occupied by a person without a disability, tell a head waited and they will tell them to leave.

4 hours ago, CMsmum said:

TIA

60 days prior to your sailing

4 hours ago, CMsmum said:

TIA

60 days prior to your sailing

Just want to make people aware, there is a facebook page called "Royal Caribbean Accessible Cruising" where people with mobility issues share hints ask for recommendations etc. thought I would pass it on.