Soda cups currently on Symphony?

6 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Ah--that's unfortunate! Makes them so much less useful!  Wonder if they have any of the original styles elsewhere on board that people can trade?  Seems like this is only on Symphony?

Thanks again!

Anthem has the new style cups. 

discussion isn't clear to me.

We have a cool half dozen of these that the wife uses in heavy circulation to keep her beverage in all day cool state.

s-l300.jpg.5db73932affe08f152d795ae25421a62.jpg

Am I hearing that there is a new style that looks like this

s-l640.jpg.d44a64715b7aff91f74333ced6c9cc4a.jpg

If so.....that's horrible :(.   I guess we won't be adding to our long term collection I don't see those even fitting in the cabinet.

Strange that Symphony has the new (cheap) ones while Harmony as of this week had the old, sturdy ones. Didn’t even see a single example of the new ones aboard all last week. 

If you dislike the new cup design, probably best to make a point of it in your post-cruise survey. That’s what we are planning on doing. 

21 minutes ago, PlanetX said:

Strange that Symphony has the new (cheap) ones while Harmony as of this week had the old, sturdy ones. Didn’t even see a single example of the new ones aboard all last week. 

If you dislike the new cup design, probably best to make a point of it in your post-cruise survey. That’s what we are planning on doing. 

Harmony had both the domed cups and the older version cups when we sailed in May.

3 hours ago, dodgestang said:

discussion isn't clear to me.

We have a cool half dozen of these that the wife uses in heavy circulation to keep her beverage in all day cool state.

Am I hearing that there is a new style that looks like this

s-l640.jpg.d44a64715b7aff91f74333ced6c9cc4a.jpg

If so.....that's horrible :(.   I guess we won't be adding to our long term collection I don't see those even fitting in the cabinet.

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

These are from a current Anthem review.  I have not seen this cover with a straw before.  I have only seen the domed ones have straws.

4A8BA76A-4450-41F3-ADE0-5A0D95059935.jpeg

I saw the ones in the top photo on the Anthem in June.

As you can see in this photo, I’ve switched the lids on the two cups pictured. The lid on the new domed cup is interchangeable with the old style that has the straight sides. It does not work with the old cup with the curved sides, the traditional Coca Cola cup shape. 

If if you are stuck using the new domed cup be sure the dome is screwed on tightly before you attach the handle. We saw numerous cases where, while the cup was being carried by the handle, the dome came apart from the cup and soda went everywhere. Also, since the straw holes in the dome do not close, and the cup then to swing when being carried by the handle, soda does spill out of the open hole. The solution for that was to bend the straw and insert one end in each hole.

2BAEF67D-85F3-4C1C-BF0A-6C052C262E97.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
Typos