Halloween on MSC?

optimusprime82

Sailing on the Meraviglia repositioning cruise from NYC to Miami on October 28th. This will be our second MSC cruise and our first on the Meraviglia and our first over a "major" holiday. We're looking forward to there hopefully being some Halloween festivities onboard. A YouTube video showed some Michael Jackson Thriller crew dancing, on the Divina I believe, but we're curious what else we may get to experience.

Thanks!

Edited by optimusprime82
Obvious typo

Great question!  We're on that sailing, too, and hadn't considered that it would be Halloween when onboard.  🙄  (In my defence, we're boarding earlier in the month - on the 18th - so weren't thinking about the end of the month - more focussed on planning for 14 ports of call).

51 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Great question!  We're on that sailing, too, and hadn't considered that it would be Halloween when onboard.  🙄  (In my defence, we're boarding earlier in the month - on the 18th - so weren't thinking about the end of the month - more focussed on planning for 14 ports of call).

You've certainly got a great cruise ahead and you'll get a little bit over everything going north and then heading south. We had thought about doing the New England/Canada cruise but repositioning angle really sold us on the cruise departing on 10/28/19. See you onboard!

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Beamafar said:

Have you joined the roll call (I don't remember seeing you on it)?  Here's a link if you're interested:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2480345-msc-meraviglia-10282019-13-night-repositioning-cruise-nyc-to-miami/

I haven't yet but I intend to. I did a brief search for this cruise on the roll call page a days back and yielded no results but I wasn't exactly trying my hardest to find it. We enjoyed the "Meet & Greet" we did on the Divina. in September 2017.

On the subject of Halloween, I'm hoping they play a couple horror movies in the theater. When we were on the Divina they had a nightly Jack Nicholson film series that was a lot of fun and was unique compared to a lot of the onboard cinema I've experienced.

I'm not sure if Trick or Treating is a thing in Europe/Italy but I'd love to see some European Halloween flair since that's one of the reasons we enjoyed MSC so much the first time, it felt distinctly un-American (aka Carnival, which we've enjoyed previously).

44 minutes ago, optimusprime82 said:

We enjoyed the "Meet & Greet" we did on the Divina. in September 2017.

There isn't an official 'Meet & Greet' (yet) for Meraviglia.  It's hoped that CC and MSC will have them in place before Mera gets to New York for all her US-based sailings.  However, our roll call is planning on organising an informal one where we can all meet up.  There's also a spreadsheet which you can add your name to and indicate which of the activities you'd like to take part in, such as cabin crawl, slot pull and the M&G:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OGrpz7fVw6rum1Mvz3qpzLbVAXPGFgKDSozJlo5O8Mg/edit#gid=0

It's a shame that nobody who's been on an MSC ship for Halloween has posted their experiences here.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, optimusprime82 said:

Sailing on the Meraviglia repositioning cruise from NYC to Miami on October 28th. This will be our second MSC cruise and our first on the Meraviglia and our first over a "major" holiday. We're looking forward to there hopefully being some Halloween festivities onboard. A YouTube video showed some Michael Jackson Thriller crew dancing, on the Divina I believe, but we're curious what else we may get to experience.

Thanks!

There will be others from Cowtown on that sailing!  Not us, unfortunately!

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

It's a shame that nobody who's been on an MSC ship for Halloween has posted their experiences here.

We have, you have too Bea. October 2015.
Can't recall any mention of Halloween during the sailing though. We were sailing to the US but it wasn't a US based cruise.

After we disembark on 28th October, we'll remain in NYC for a few days, I've never considered Halloween a major holiday, or a holiday of any kind, can we expect Halloween based celebrations then?

8 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We have, you have too Bea. October 2015.

Oh, doh!  You're right!  I've actually been on twice at Halloween - Divina 2015 TA to Miami and Sinfonia 2016 down to Durban.  🙄  I (now!!!) remember a couple from Australia who dressed up for the occasion on the latter.  The entertainment team dressed up, too, but I don't think many, if any, others, did.  I don't recall Halloween on Divina lol (I've such a poor memory that constantly needs triggering).

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

There will be others from Cowtown on that sailing!  Not us, unfortunately!

I'm so glad that CMH got rid of the "Cowtown" merchandise. Columbus has a hard enough time shedding that image without selling t-shirts and magnets in the airport.

Sorry you won't be on this sailing. The silver lining is you won't miss any good college football games lol.

I was looking at this sailing ...mainly due to the price (at the time!) and the brilliant itinerary with all those islands.

Equally being a US sailing and my bias love to all such things the fact Halloween was within the schedule had more than a passing attraction, but alas it didn't happen.

That said during the sailing I will be Stateside losing my Halloween virginity in Salem MA ...surely the 'home' of Halloween and I'm looking forward to something special despite not being at sea or in the sun I doubt!

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hope you have fun, Frank ... shame you won't be on the cruise, though!

I know, especially as it is a bit of a gathering from here! Not to mention another ship ticked off, the itinerary and the sun of course once you all get down to the south and the islands!

But I have a nice little road trip planned, yet more towns, cities and even a new state ticked of and then the full on US Halloween experience in the home of witchcraft lol

....No drinks package though 😞  

• Like 1