Honeymoon onboard ship

2 minutes ago, Itsasecret80 said:

Our travel agent said that on night 2, they will celebrate our honeymoon. Does anyone know exactly what that means? 

The TA might be promising a bit more than the ship might deliver - you might get nothing or might get some small thing either in cabin or at dinner.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The TA might be promising a bit more than the ship might deliver - you might get nothing or might get some small thing either in cabin or at dinner.

It appears on our reservation from Royal Caribbean. Doesn't matter either way...just curious.

Edited by Itsasecret80

3 minutes ago, Itsasecret80 said:

It appears on our reservation from Royal Caribbean. Doesn't matter either way...just curious.

Could be a small piece of cake at dinner with singing waiters.

We attended a gathering for honeymooners on our cruise (11 years ago). There was a cake and some chocolate covered strawberries. I do not recall if we were specifically invited or if we just saw it listed in the daily cruise compass. My guess is that your TA is referencing some kind of gathering like this?? 

We were invited to the Honeymoons Gathering... 

They had had cake, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and some other little parfaits. 

There was music, dancing, and a raffle. The prizes were logo stuff, a bottle of champagne and I believe one couple was Robes & Slippers . 

13 hours ago, DeadPhish said:

On our Honeymoon they brought out a small cake and I think the waiters may have sang a song.  Been a few years.  It was nice, but not anything crazy or anything.

Agree, was what we got. That Free Cake was better back then compared to Free now

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, was what we got. That Free Cake was better back then compared to Free now

Yeah, the cake used to be big enough to share with the table.  Now it's a small piece and if you want one to share with the table, it's something like $25.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yeah, the cake used to be big enough to share with the table.  Now it's a small piece and if you want one to share with the table, it's something like $25.

Not surprised. Remember was discussed on here once how many Free cakes for Celebrating Bday, Anv, Honeymoons. What  personally observed wouldn't doubt if was 1000 a sailing then on a large ship. Was like every table got 2-3 a Sailing...  Sitting here wondering if that Free Cake 30+ yrs ago was good as I remember or because was on my first Cruise, 20yrs old and on my Honeymoon, so EVERYTHING was good...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Figure if there are 6000 people on board, for 7 days, an average of 115 of them will celebrate a birthday on THAT cruise.

Or, 23 million cruise passengers per year equals 63,000 birthdays on board PER DAY. 😄