NCL Free air

rickcee

60 days out today and I recieved my edocs with air record locator (confirmation) number. Problem is air transportation is scheduled for day of cruise. I have payed for the air deviation to leave the day before cruise. Should I be worried about this? Or will NCL correct this mistake before sailing?

28 minutes ago, rickcee said:

60 days out today and I recieved my edocs with air record locator (confirmation) number. Problem is air transportation is scheduled for day of cruise. I have payed for the air deviation to leave the day before cruise. Should I be worried about this? Or will NCL correct this mistake before sailing?

As always, I would call to double check. 

Did you book the cruise yourself or though your TA? If TA contact them IMMEDIATELY.  If you booked it yourself call the Premium Air number that @snow1 kindly provided above NOW. 

NCL has been having issues with their entire reservations infrastructure as they iron out the bugs in their new system so this error MAY correct itself in time but I wouldn't count on it!!

Waited on hold with Premium air about a hour and a half yesterday afternoon before getting cut off at 5:30 closing time. Called 1st thing this morning. After a 20 min wait they did correct my flight to the day before sailing. And yes they did blame the reservation system. Stated that the 2 different systems where not communicating correctly.

But anyhow my edocs are now correct and I was able to pick my seats for the flight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickcee said:

Waited on hold with Premium air about a hour and a half yesterday afternoon before getting cut off at 5:30 closing time. Called 1st thing this morning. After a 20 min wait they did correct my flight to the day before sailing. And yes they did blame the reservation system. Stated that the 2 different systems where not communicating correctly.

But anyhow my edocs are now correct and I was able to pick my seats for the flight.

This is comforting to hear - just booked a cruise for Feb 2021 with free/reduced air, first time we've ever used it - a very good deal for us from Canada also considering it's not a simple return flight  (Panama Canal Miami to LA).   When during the process did you let them know you wanted your flights for the day before?   I would like to do this too, but assume it's way too early, but also don't want to miss out on any window of opportunity for changes etc.

11 minutes ago, andysgirl360 said:

This is comforting to hear - just booked a cruise for Feb 2021 with free/reduced air, first time we've ever used it - a very good deal for us from Canada also considering it's not a simple return flight  (Panama Canal Miami to LA).   When during the process did you let them know you wanted your flights for the day before?   I would like to do this too, but assume it's way too early, but also don't want to miss out on any window of opportunity for changes etc.

I called them on July 2nd for my Sept 22nd cruise. But I think if I where you I would do it ASAP. Just plan on having time to be on hold for a least 45 min. 

2 minutes ago, rickcee said:

I called them on July 2nd for my Sept 22nd cruise. But I think if I where you I would do it ASAP. Just plan on having time to be on hold for a least 45 min. 

Thanks - appreciate the heads up.  Even with the $25 or $50 pp change fee, we are still coming out way ahead.  It's quoting me $133 CAD plus transfer of 48.20 CAD, for one way to Miami and one way back home from LA.  Would love to get to Miami a day or two earlier to relax and enjoy the beach.

It's never too early.  I would call them and book it as soon as you know you want to fly in earlier than your cruise date.

They will charge you the deviation fee on the spot.  Just know that if you cancel your cruise, the deviation fee is non-refundable.  And plan to be on hold for awhile. 

Edited by snow1
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, hubers982 said:

we are thinking of flying in a day early for our cruise.   do we have to go through NCL for the hotel in order for us to be able to change our flight ?   

NO....the hotel is your choice.  Also,  NCL will automatically charge you for the transfers if  you choose their free or reduced airfare.  You do not have to take them.....as long as you call and tell them to remove them from your reservation. 

We booked a cruise to Italy and Greece in September 2020, departing from Montreal and arriving in Rome. We already asked to arrive 2 days earlier, they charged $25 per person and modified our transfers. We now have the transfer from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the station and it costs us $28 less. We do not take the hotel by NCL the price is too high and they only have one hotel to offer us.