Bermuda 2022

vacation44

It's anybody's guess at this point, besides the newest, smaller 140,000 tonnage Leonardo class of ships for 3,300 pax are due, delivery starting 2022.  Given past deployment schemes, unlikely for them to be used for Bermuda ones so I would make wild guess - the Joy, Encore or maybe the Getaway. 

5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

It's anybody's guess at this point, besides the newest, smaller 140,000 tonnage Leonardo class of ships for 3,300 pax are due, delivery starting 2022.  Given past deployment schemes, unlikely for them to be used for Bermuda ones so I would make wild guess - the Joy, Encore or maybe the Getaway. 

The only ship I would rule out is Joy because it'll be due for its 5 year dry dock in 2022, meaning it will likely spend the summer in the Baltics.

7 hours ago, timf2001 said:

The only ship I would rule out is Joy because it'll be due for its 5 year dry dock in 2022, meaning it will likely spend the summer in the Baltics.

When the Joy was dry dock earlier this year to be transformed to the American market, they might of did enough maintenance work to reset the next drydock time which would be around 2024

14 minutes ago, shof515 said:

When the Joy was dry dock earlier this year to be transformed to the American market, they might of did enough maintenance work to reset the next drydock time which would be around 2024

True. But Joy is already serving NYC for the summer of 2021. So my guess would be either the Bliss or the Getaway as the ship that will serve NYC summer of 2022. Getaway will be serving NYC for spring of 2021, so there is a good chance she will also serve NYC for summer of 2022. But remember, for both summer of 2020 and 2021, two Breakaway class ships will be serving NYC (Breakaway and Encore and Breakaway and Joy, respectively), so we might have both Getaway and Bliss for 2022! Needless to say, we will be receiving a newer class of ship, regardless of whom, as we have had for the past six years!

9 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

I'm betting it's one of the new Leonardo-class ships as NCL tries to premiere their latest & greatest ships in the NY or Miami areas.

My 2 cents.

True. But whom first? NY or Miami? Maybe, for the Summer of 2020, the first Leonardo-class ship will debut in New York, and then for Winter 2020, it will head to, and homeport permanently in, Miami and then the second Leonardo-class ship will debut, and homeport permanently in, New York.

@jbethel11  Agree.  No telling where they'll debut their Leonardo line first.  However remember that the Gem & the Dawn were, originally, slated to be home ported in NYC "permanently".  Ditto the Breakaway.  Dawn even has the Statue of Liberty emblazoned on her hull to denote this.  Where are they now? lol 🙄

NCL seems to move their fleet around now like pieces on a world chessboard.  About the only ship you can be certain of staying in the same place is the PoA in Hawaii.  Am guessing they just want to expose as many people as possible to as many of their ships as possible.  IMHO it's a smart thing to do.

21 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I know I am getting way ahead, but does anyone have any input on what ship will be doing the NYC/Bermuda runs for the summer of 2022?  

I read that Bermuda is closed in 2022.

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

About the only ship you can be certain of staying in the same place is the PoA in Hawaii. 

that is because the PoA is special and unique. It is the only US Registered cruise ship which is required to the type of cruises they do in Hawaii. If Norwegian wants to replace the PoA, they will need another US registered cruise ship or get a special wavier like what they got when they refitted the PoA in Europe