Looking to Kill 4 Hrs.

seagunthera

Posted this on Florida board but thought my fellow Celebrity cruisers might have some fun ideas:

I've hired Larry's Limos to fetch us from Port Everglades after our cruise ends (9ish).  We have a flight out of Miami at 3 pm.  Looking for ideas for what to do (i.e. great place somewhere in between for brunch, a little sightseeing/cool drives, etc.). Thanks everyone for your help!

I usually rent a car, drive to the Ft. Lauderdale Beach and grab lunch in the Los Olas area.  Car safely holds my luggage in the trunk and we're able to visit multiple places before heading to the airport.  We've also gone to South Beach, walked along the boardwalk and stopped for lunch at one of the places near South Point Park Pier (Joe's Stone Crab, Smith and Wollensky or any of the places in that area).

53 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Posted this on Florida board but thought my fellow Celebrity cruisers might have some fun ideas:

I've hired Larry's Limos to fetch us from Port Everglades after our cruise ends (9ish).  We have a flight out of Miami at 3 pm.  Looking for ideas for what to do (i.e. great place somewhere in between for brunch, a little sightseeing/cool drives, etc.). Thanks everyone for your help!

• One of my favorite tours in Miami is the Little Havana food tour. So interesting, a lot of food and so much fun. I'm not sure it would fit into your schedule but it might be worth checking out.  I think it runs about 2 1/2 hours.      Debbie 

Not knowing your likes/dislikes, here are some suggestions:

1. Wynwood (a funky, hip area of Miami - has a fair amount of modern art; if you like modern art, don't miss the Wynwood Walls - a free, walk-through gallery; if you like bread don't miss Zak the Baker; brunch can be had at many places)

2. Miami Beach / Lincoln Road (very touristy, but a nice open air "mall" - if it's hot out SKIP this)

3. A water taxi trip in Fort Lauderdale (and Las Olas area for lunch/brunch is good)

4. If it is August / Sept, check out the Miami Spice restaurants (mostly fancy restaurants that offer a fixed price menu for certain days/meals - https://www.miamiandbeaches.com/offers/temptations/miami-spice-months)

5. The new Frost Museum of Science is very good for a 2-4 hour visit, if that's of interest

The Celebrity after cruise port tour is a good place to look for ideas.  We have done this in Vancouver and they dropped you off at the airport.  It was a good way to see some of the sights without worrying about transportation.