Christmas cruise - many children on board?

cruisingaussies

Depends on the length of the Cruise. 

Kids are generally scarce, but when school is out, generous parents and/or grandparents will sometimes spring for their fare .  

I would suggest comparing school calendars with the dates of your cruise, if you would like to guestimate.  😉

Oceania rarely runs cruises concurrent with school holidays. I believe this is done purposely. When this exact question was asked a couple months backI believe that a quick review of Oceania Christmas time frame cruises yielded one possible cruise that school age children could possibly take. That’s one cruise on one ship out of six ships.

We were on Insignia for 14 nights starting 12/27/2018.  There were "lots" of kids by O standards, perhaps 10-14 total irrc?  Some folks debarked a few days early, including a family with 3 of the kids who wanted not to miss school days.  No behavioral issues that I observed.

Edited by babysteps

lots of kids on Oceania  is nothing compared to  other cruise lines

We had 40  on last summer  as I said before I only saw 10  so not sure where they hid the others

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. This cruise departs 21 December to 06 January, so it is peak summer school holidays in Australia but in the US I think you only have about two weeks and school is back around 02 January?

Looks like it’ll be fine, not too many kids then even though it is over Christmas/New Year. 

10 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks for all the replies. This cruise departs 21 December to 06 January, so it is peak summer school holidays in Australia but in the US I think you only have about two weeks and school is back around 02 January?

Looks like it’ll be fine, not too many kids then even though it is over Christmas/New Year. 

I see it is from Bali to Australia  it may attract  more Australians with or without kids 

Hard to say

but usually  they have something to keep the kids occupied  (if they choose to join in)