POA $$$ ??

B-52

General question, for those who have sailed POA, with few days in Honolulu pre-cruise perhaps,Ā  excursions, exploring the islands, etc, etc.

Ā 

How much cash did you bring?

Was it enough? Not enough?Ā  Find yourself looking for a ATM?

Ā 

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, B-52 said:

General question, for those who have sailed POA, with few days in Honolulu pre-cruise perhaps,Ā  excursions, exploring the islands, etc, etc.

Ā 

How much cash did you bring?

Was it enough? Not enough?Ā  Find yourself looking for a ATM?

Ā 

Thanks in advance

Watching this one......

We spent very little cash when we went earlier this month.Ā I just donā€™t feel safe taking large amounts of cash on holiday anymore. Credit cards were acceptedĀ nearly everywhere, you get insurance with your purchases tooĀ - we just took a little cash for additional tips eg tours, ice creams etc. Weā€™re from the UK and have organised creditĀ cards that have no charge for foreign transactions, we can also withdraw local currency from cash points without cards as well. A great find, I wish weā€™d discovered them years ago.Ā 

Ā 

We made sure we had a lot of change and small notes for tips, vending machines, luggage cartsĀ etcĀ 

Edited by AlohaCathy

13 hours ago, AlohaCathy said:

We spent very little cash when we went earlier this month.Ā I just donā€™t feel safe taking large amounts of cash on holiday anymore. Credit cards were acceptedĀ nearly everywhere, you get insurance with your purchases tooĀ - we just took a little cash for additional tips eg tours, ice creams etc. Weā€™re from the UK and have organised creditĀ cards that have no charge for foreign transactions, we can also withdraw local currency from cash points without cards as well. A great find, I wish weā€™d discovered them years ago.Ā 

Ā 

We made sure we had a lot of change and small notes for tips, vending machines, luggage cartsĀ etcĀ 

Thank You

WE would use a credit Card also, just needed to hear that it was not a problem, perhaps many local vendors oreferred cash or not.

3 hours ago, B-52 said:

Thank You

WE would use a credit Card also, just needed to hear that it was not a problem, perhaps many local vendors oreferred cash or not.

Itā€™s the same as being America,Ā malls with Macyā€™s in etc, Costco stores. You just need cash for incidentals. We never had a card refused this month, onlyĀ usedĀ cash for tiny purchases like an ice cream.Ā 

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

We travel to Hawaii frequently and carry very little cash. We primarily useĀ credit/debit cards, just like in any other state.Ā šŸ˜—Ā 

We found it the same as being in the US or UK. I hardly ever have cash on me!Ā 

1 hour ago, AlohaCathy said:

We found it the same as being in the US or UK. I hardly ever have cash on me!Ā 

AlohaCathy, I don't think you meant your posts (#6 & #8)Ā to sound like Hawaii is not a state in the USA, but they sort of do.Ā  Hawaii is not a state in the 48 contiguous states but it is a U.S.A. state and has everything the other states have.Ā  I just want to make sure that anyone reading this does not confuse that, as sometimes happens with international visitors.Ā  So happy you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii.Ā  CherieĀ Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cccole said:

AlohaCathy, I don't think you meant your posts (#6 & #8)Ā to sound like Hawaii is not a state in the USA, but they sort of do.Ā  Hawaii is not a state in the 48 contiguous states but it is a U.S.A. state and has everything the other states have.Ā  I just want to make sure that anyone reading this does not confuse that, as sometimes happens with international visitors.Ā  So happy you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii.Ā  CherieĀ Ā 

Youā€™re absolutely right! Iā€™m from the UK and meant itā€™s the same as being in the rest of the US!Ā