showtimes

1city@atime

32 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Smaller ships tend to have one nightly show.  YMMV

According to your cruise history, you have never sailed on the Gem or other Jewel-class ships. Every cruise we’ve sailed on the Gem and other Jewel-class ships has had the main show at 7pm and 9pm (except the first night). 

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

According to your cruise history, you have never sailed on the Gem or other Jewel-class ships. Every cruise we’ve sailed on the Gem and other Jewel-class ships has had the main show at 7pm and 9pm (except the first night). 

Like I said YMMV, on the Dawn it was one as was on the Sky & Sun

1 minute ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Like I said YMMV, on the Dawn it was one as was on the Sky & Sun

But the OP was asking about the Gem — a ship, and class of ship, on which you’ve never sailed.  And if the OP hadn’t expanded your signature, he/she would never even have known that. 

My DS got home from the Gem 3 weeks ago.  He said the nightly shows were really good.  The first night there was a show that pre-viewed the week's shows.   He recalls that on Day 2 there were shows at 7 & 9 of 'Blazing Boots'.  He said the music was country/contemporary and the singers & dancers were great.  He also enjoyed a show called 'Swing'  with the same good dancers & singers and he thinks was on Day 5.   Another night had a variety show with Acrobats, etc.   Again, two shows at something like 7 & 9.    

He had a great cruise on the Gem.  Hope you enjoy yours😎

I certainly wouldn’t argue with other people’s experiences, but I can certainly say for myself that there have always been 2 shows per night (on most nights, there are occasional special shows which are just on once, plus the welcome aboard show) on all my cruises on pre Epic ships (Pearl, Jade, Star, POA, Spirit).

14 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

Boy, do I miss the closing show on the Gem lately. " Fountains"..look it up on Youtube..But yes , basically 2 shows every nite with their main type shows or novelty type shows..

A few years ago, having been sailing NCL for years and having heard about but never seen “Fountains,” which reportedly had been dropped because of “health” concerns, we were shocked to see it performed on our cruise, since we’d read that it was no longer performed. (I think we were on the Gem.)  It was absolutely hysterical!!  So, is it being performed now? 

Edited by Turtles06

What about the ships that only have one showtime? I will be on the Sun in a few weeks. Does anyone know what time the nightly performance begins? Not sure what time to book dinner!