Footstools are back!

misterkevin

On 7/28/2019 at 10:32 AM, farmermd said:

Has anyone purchased a portable footstool to take on cruises with them? Been looking at some blowup stools. Thoughts and comments?

We spoke with some passengers who had purchased portable inflatable footstools and they were complaining about the nuisance of trying to deflate and pack them to take home at the end of each cruise.

It is much easier to use a large inflatable ball instead (as pictured in post #39).

No need to deflate or pack it.

It is so inexpensive that we just leave it behind after the cruise, or give it away to a child at our last port stop. 

Then pack another one for the next cruise.

36 minutes ago, fleckle said:

We spoke with some passengers who had purchased portable inflatable footstools and they were complaining about the nuisance of trying to deflate and pack them to take home at the end of each cruise.

It is much easier to use a large inflatable ball instead (as pictured in post #39).

No need to deflate or pack it.

It is so inexpensive that we just leave it behind after the cruise, or give it away to a child at our last port stop. 

Then pack another one for the next cruise.

Honestly, I feel if I have  paid a premium to book a Concierge Class cabin, I should not need to bring my own footstool substitutes. The ideas are good, I just feel cheated to have to go to such means when I pay so much more for Concierge than I would for a regular balcony. Plus it is something I used to get as part of Concierge perks. Now that is gone, but not the premium price. 

• Like 5

Wow...next time I will put a smiley face after plebeian.  The reason for the reference was celebrity being so focused on their suite customers while removing, over time, perks and amenities for non suite passengers.  

We, btw, are plebeians ourselves...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Wow...next time I will put a smiley face after plebeian.  The reason for the reference was celebrity being so focused on their suite customers while removing, over time, perks and amenities for non suite passengers.  

We, btw, are plebeians ourselves...

Sorry GH but I did say that I thought your post was humorous and it did make me laugh. 

22 hours ago, riredsox said:

Since the Equinox only sails the Caribbean now I would want a cold tub not a hot tub.  You need something to cool off up there.  Maybe at least a shower or garden hose?  Maybe someone will come by with buckets of cold water to dump on your head?  I actually did that at a fair when it was 90 degrees.  I asked the guy watering something to squirt me with it!  It felt great!

Maybe staff could come by with spray misters for all of the suite guests up on the Retreat..  😀

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Sorry GH but I did say that I thought your post was humorous and it did make me laugh. 

I was replying to those that seemed to find it offensive.  I have been accused of having a (too) dry sense of humor....

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I was replying to those that seemed to find it offensive.  I have been accused of having a (too) dry sense of humor....

ple·be·ian
/pləˈbēən/
noun
plural noun: plebeians
  1. (in ancient Rome) a commoner.
    • a member of the lower social classes.
      synonyms: proletarian, commoner, common person, man/woman/person in the street, working-class person, worker, working person