Footstools are back!

misterkevin

19 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

As we embark in a Celebrity Suite 1620 on the Equinox, we've noticed that the footstools are not eliminated. 

20190727_172833.jpg

Awesome!  That looks like a chair one could actually sit in and be comfortable.  What a concept!  Hope to find the same thing when I board next month.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, misterkevin said:

As we embark in a Celebrity Suite 1620 on the Equinox, we've noticed that the footstools are not eliminated. 

20190727_172833.jpg

I don't believe they were ever removed from suites like the one you are in.  

What I don’t understand is what did Celebrity do with the footstools?

What a waste of resources to just dispose of them!  Why not just put them back?

Why are they still there in a Celebrity suite, but not on AQ Class decks or CC class decks?

The balconies on the hump have a huge amount of room.  It just seems ridiculous that they would disappear during an upgrade.  Things should get better, not worse, during an upgrade?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

What I don’t understand is what did Celebrity do with the footstools?

What a waste of resources to just dispose of them!  Why not just put them back?

Why are they still there in a Celebrity suite, but not on AQ Class decks or CC class decks?

The balconies on the hump have a huge amount of room.  It just seems ridiculous that they would disappear during an upgrade.  Things should get better, not worse, during an upgrade?

We loved our huge hump slant balcony. It wasn't a CC, but I thought it was such a waste of space to only have 2 chairs and a table, no footstools on them. 

• Like 1

Argh!

I cancelled our adjoining CC and AQ staterooms for our Feb Equinox trip JUST TODAY.  The biggest reason why?  Footstools.

Seriously.

I mean, there were other cutbacks that we were unhappy with, but that was for us, the straw that broke the camel's back.

We rebooked into adjoining balconies.  I'm fine with this choice and the money saved, but honestly, what is the point of CC any more?

(We are nearly Elite on X and have only sailed CC, AQ, and Sky Suites... way to alienate your mid-level customer, X!)

As someone new to X and new to this recent Footstool Flap, I will admit that I don't quite understand the photo posted above.  It does appear to be a very nice lounge chair; but where is there a footstool in the photo?  Certainly, the OP is not suggesting that one of those potted plants in the background may be used as a footstool...

• Like 1

It doesn’t look like a foot stool.   It is just part of the lounger.   Can it be separated from the chair?   Does the chair recline?  

Thanks 

Happy cruising 🍷🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

On these new footstools it does not seem that legs are really elevated, just hanging down.  Or am I wrong and is picture deceiving somewhat ?

These are not like the old footstools with elevated feet, they do hang down. 

3 hours ago, miched said:

It doesn’t look like a foot stool.   It is just part of the lounger.   Can it be separated from the chair?   Does the chair recline?  

Thanks 

Happy cruising 🍷🚢🇺🇸🌅

It can be separated from the chair, and the lounger reclines. 

4 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Just off Reflection last week, our Concierge cabin had two footstools plus chairs and decent size table on the balcony. 

Seems footstools are being removed from Aqua and Concierge class cabins on S class ships during the "revolutionizing". Thus far, the only S class ship to undergo the process is the Equinox. The M class aqua and concierge cabins never had the footstools to begin with, with the exception of the larger aft balconies.

4 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Just off Reflection last week, our Concierge cabin had two footstools plus chairs and decent size table on the balcony. 

I hope you enjoyed them.  Celebrity has been throwing the foot stools overboard when the ships are "Revolutionized"  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, misterkevin said:

20190727_172833.jpg

We are sailing in that exact suite Aug 31st! Has it been updated other than new bedding? Is there a table you can eat at on the balcony?

Edited by seajacksrun