Hamburg Port Hotel recommendations

phissy

• 6 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, phissy said:

Thanks you so much. Just realized I forgot to get back to you .

Our cruise is in June. Surprised how many hotels are sold out before and after the cruise dates. Week after cruise is very limited, our favorite hotel chain is sold out. Very surprised.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:15 AM, Preziosa said:

Hotel Hafen Hamburg is Very close

The correct name is Novum Hotel Hagemann Hamburg Hafen. There at least one other Hotel Hamburg Hafen and it is far away on the other side of the river.

The hotel is good and reasonable prices, but probably sold out also. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

The correct name is Novum Hotel Hagemann Hamburg Hafen. There at least one other Hotel Hamburg Hafen and it is far away on the other side of the river.

The hotel is good and reasonable prices, but probably sold out also. 

Not sold out, so thank you for the recommendation. Appreciate all the help and suggestions.  Anyone have experience with Hamburg Card / multi day city pass?

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Not sold out, so thank you for the recommendation. Appreciate all the help and suggestions.  Anyone have experience with Hamburg Card / multi day city pass?

I remember there was another hotel built in this area when we last time were there. So if you cannot get the Novum at your time of booking, there is a second option. 

We usually buy the 9 o clock group ticket. it can be used monday to friday all the time except 6 to 9 in the morning, weekends all day. The ticket is valid for all harbour ferries also which is a great way of sightseeing. Weekends thousands of others have this idea too 😄

The Hamburg Card only makes sense if you plan to visit museums. 

• Like 1

The Novum Hotel is not in the City,the Port Steinwerder is near but all the sightseeing Spots not.
I take a Hotel in the City for the Days before and at the last day a Taxi to the Port Steinwerder.

My favorite Hotel ist the Westin in the Elphilharmonie, great Hotel with a nice view and architecture.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

I remember there was another hotel built in this area when we last time were there. So if you cannot get the Novum at your time of booking, there is a second option. 

We usually buy the 9 o clock group ticket. it can be used monday to friday all the time except 6 to 9 in the morning, weekends all day. The ticket is valid for all harbour ferries also which is a great way of sightseeing. Weekends thousands of others have this idea too 😄

The Hamburg Card only makes sense if you plan to visit museums. 

Thank you so much for this information.  Really helps, Hamburg Card site is somewhat ambitious as to benefits of card.

8 hours ago, phissy said:

Thank you so much for this information.  Really helps, Hamburg Card site is somewhat ambitious as to benefits of card.

Just reread my post.. I really should proofread my stuff. 
meant to say, “ ambiguous “ not ambitious.  Thanks for the recommendations, especially Elbphilharmonie. Was able to get concert tickets . Glad we have a 4 day stay in Hamburg.

Edited by phissy