New Photo Packages

ben.chan

We all know very well X is sneaky, but this time quite unacceptable...

Apparently they got rid of most “prints” packages except the 12 prints for $140 package on cruise planner

So, the story... :

I have added the unlimited prints package to my cruise planner quite a while before, just to realise right before clicking the pay button on the final confirmation page, that the product actually reads “Unlimited Digital”... (The “unlimited prints” prints can't be found any more on cruise planner)

Lucky I spotted it, or I would have just wasted another $200 on that... But X substituting my cart's “unlimited prints” item with “unlimited digital” is really too sneaky

Feeling as deceived as receiving a pair of jeans for a white shirt, or an iPhone for an Android phone

Timely post... off to check my cruise planner.  We booked - and paid for - unlimited prints 8 or 9 months ago for a cruise due to sail in 10 days....

Yep -it switched.  Digital only.  Not entirely pleased......

Edited by GastroGnome
Add comment

6 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

Timely post... off to check my cruise planner.  We booked - and paid for - unlimited prints 8 or 9 months ago for a cruise due to sail in 10 days....

Yep -it switched.  Digital only.  Not entirely pleased......

They can do that after you’ve already purchased? 

Cost Cutting; I always wondered why they went to the expense of printing ALL those photos and then have to toss them because people just didn't purchase them.  I like to build an album from my cruises; but, how many prints do you really need?  With today's technology, you can print your own (selected) photos from the digitals.   I agree, the word switching from prints to digital was a little bit sneaky!

ok, just checked and indeed our order has changed to digital only too. I do have an email confirmation from May though, that says that I paid for the all inclusive digital online PLUS PRINTS photo package. It even says on the confirmation that I get to take home all my professional prints. Well, we're boarding on Thursday, let's see if I get prints or not... 

22 minutes ago, karli_ratte said:

ok, just checked and indeed our order has changed to digital only too. I do have an email confirmation from May though, that says that I paid for the all inclusive digital online PLUS PRINTS photo package. It even says on the confirmation that I get to take home all my professional prints. Well, we're boarding on Thursday, let's see if I get prints or not... 

I am also boarding on Thursday from Amsterdam

By any chance we are on the same ship?

Just now, ben.chan said:

I am also boarding on Thursday from Amsterdam

By any chance we are on the same ship?

yes, it looks like we will be! we're very much looking forward to this cruise, even if the weather forecast is a bit mediocre 🙂

3 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

They can do that after you’ve already purchased? 

They have done.  Like Karli I also have the old email confirmation stating that all prints are included.

In fairness I have always been a bit mixed about the number of prints and the potential waste of paper / ink.  But I do think changing it without even telling us is a bit off.

Actually no - very off.

Karli - if you get a resolution let us know.  We sail on the 11th.  In the meantime I'll contact Shoreside and if I get a resolution I'll post.

1 hour ago, GastroGnome said:

They have done.  Like Karli I also have the old email confirmation stating that all prints are included.

In fairness I have always been a bit mixed about the number of prints and the potential waste of paper / ink.  But I do think changing it without even telling us is a bit off.

Actually no - very off.

Karli - if you get a resolution let us know.  We sail on the 11th.  In the meantime I'll contact Shoreside and if I get a resolution I'll post.

I would think of you printed out the original email and took it with you they would have to honor it. 

Word of caution.. we bought a  small digital package on EDGE. Because the photo book format is very restrictive.   They give you a website and key code  to download and access

..We tried it right away and it would not download nor could we access it on our Android tablet or phone      The Apple guy on board worked for a very long time  assisting the photo guys...but it took a long time to get it working.

Make sure whatever you buy  works before you leave the photo area or the ship!

Otherwise we were happy with the digital firmat...and they threw in a few stock EDGE  prints, photo holders etc.

Not sure all ships have the same system as EDGE ..

Edited by hcat

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on Silhouette and bought digital and bought digital and print photo package for this trip earlier in the year. 

They still have the prints up and have confirmed we will get both but that the ships are eventually all going digital. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Currently on Silhouette and bought digital and bought digital and print photo package for this trip earlier in the year. 

They still have the prints up and have confirmed we will get both but that the ships are eventually all going digital. 

Thanks for the update.  We used OBC to purchase the unlimited prints/digital package months ago, and now our cruise planner says we only have digital.  Our cruise is 2 weeks away, and I'd like to get what we paid for (OBC or not) or would hope we would get some of our money/credit refunded.  I need to make sure I have the original order I can take with us just in case.

I just returned from our cruise on the Reflection and we also got all the prints, no questions asked. They didn't even check if I actually had a package, at least not while I was at their counter. Also, if I'm not totally mistaken, they still sold a combined prints/digital package.