Can you purchase a case of water on Equinox?

JennyD1

I wanted to know if you are able to purchase  a case of spring/drinking water on the Equinox prior to your cruise and what the price is.  I have checked Clebrity's site and only see a package for sparkling water, which I do not want.  Or can you bring a case on with you?  I would rather get it onboard, then have to bring it with me.  Do they still have plastic water bottles on board, or have they changed to the boxed or metal containers?  Does anyone know the price of the 16 oz  spring water if purchased separately at the bar?

3 hours ago, JennyD1 said:

I wanted to know if you are able to purchase  a case of spring/drinking water on the Equinox prior to your cruise and what the price is.  I have checked Clebrity's site and only see a package for sparkling water, which I do not want.  Or can you bring a case on with you?  I would rather get it onboard, then have to bring it with me.  Do they still have plastic water bottles on board, or have they changed to the boxed or metal containers?  Does anyone know the price of the 16 oz  spring water if purchased separately at the bar?

Nope- save your back consider purchasing a non alcoholic beverage package.  Not very expensive and you can get all the water you can drink in all ship venues, to take off the ship and to your cabin.  Specialty coffee, soft drinks and non alcoholic frozen drinks.  Well worth the cost .  Enjoy your vacation!!

• Like 1

"I wanted to know if you are able to purchase  a case of spring/drinking water on the Equinox prior to your cruise and what the price is. "

No, you cannot purchase by the case prior to the cruise.

"I have checked Clebrity's site and only see a package for sparkling water, which I do not want."

I don't see any package that is limited to sparkling water.  The water package is pasted below.  $16 per day plus gratuity.

" Or can you bring a case on with you? "

Yes you can bring a case with you.

"I would rather get it onboard, then have to bring it with me.  Do they still have plastic water bottles on board, or have they changed to the boxed or metal containers? "

This is in transition.  I would say that it is not possible to predict what you would find on your cruise, since all combinations have been reported plastic, metal and boxes.

$16.00 USD Adult per day

Premium Bottled Water Package

Enjoy the pure refreshment of Evian® still water, Pellegrino® sparkling bottled water, and/or Perrier® sparkling bottled water throughout your vacation. Perfected by nature in the French Alps, Evian replenishes your body and mind. San Pellegrino, sourced from three great springs in northern Italy, provides the ideal accompaniment to any meal. Perrier is bottled, carbonated mineral water from a spring in southern France. Show your SeaPass® Card at any bar, lounge or restaurant to indicate your participation. Price shown is per person, per day.

I ended up calling Celebrity and was told you cannot purchase water pre-cruise.  The water package is $16 per person, per day.  She quoted me $230 for my six day cruise for water only.  She said you can carry on a case of water and it cannot be a brand name water ( she suggested I bring Walmart or Target water)???  You cannot drop it with a porter with a tag on it. You cannot put it in your checked luggage or your carryon luggage.  You must physically carry it on in its original sealed package in your hands only.  They are making it difficult to bring on your own water, because they want you to spend $230 to get the water package or purchase another drink package which includes water.  When Carnival stopped letting you bring on bottled water, they started selling a twelve pack for $4 and they deliver it to your cabin.

20 minutes ago, JennyD1 said:

I ended up calling Celebrity and was told you cannot purchase water pre-cruise.  The water package is $16 per person, per day.  She quoted me $230 for my six day cruise for water only.  She said you can carry on a case of water and it cannot be a brand name water ( she suggested I bring Walmart or Target water)???  You cannot drop it with a porter with a tag on it. You cannot put it in your checked luggage or your carryon luggage.  You must physically carry it on in its original sealed package in your hands only.  They are making it difficult to bring on your own water, because they want you to spend $230 to get the water package or purchase another drink package which includes water.  When Carnival stopped letting you bring on bottled water, they started selling a twelve pack for $4 and they deliver it to your cabin.

I was not told anything about name brand. I was told uou can bring what you can carry. I'm putting an entire case in a carry on. That's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, JACKYJUSTKIDDING said:

I was not told anything about name brand. I was told uou can bring what you can carry. I'm putting an entire case in a carry on. That's ridiculous.

That's what I was going to do.  The girl in customer service said you wont be able to bring it on if it is in a carryon.  Definitely said no name brands either; others have posted this too.  I asked why it had to be carried on and she said , they need to inspect it.  I think I will bring it In the carryon and remove it when you go thru security "so they can inspect it" and then return it to the carryon.

Worth a try.

6 hours ago, JACKYJUSTKIDDING said:

I do not understand why, to save really a few dollars, people would waste luggage space to carry water bottles.  You are on vacation, either drink the water which is safe and bring your own water bottle, or spend and purchase when on board.

8 hours ago, JennyD1 said:

That $230 is the price for two individuals which includes gratuities.

The water on board is just fine.  Carrying a case on board is a real pain and you may end up with a sore back.  Be aware that someone who had brought a branded type of water that was sold on the ship was denied.  So if bringing water, bring  a store branded one.  

14 hours ago, keesar said:

That $230 is the price for two individuals which includes gratuities.

The water on board is just fine.  Carrying a case on board is a real pain and you may end up with a sore back.  Be aware that someone who had brought a branded type of water that was sold on the ship was denied.  So if bringing water, bring  a store branded one.  

Yes, I know that the $230 I was quoted was for two and included the gratuities.  I also think that is an outrageous price for water.  I was told that if you bring your own It cannot be a name brand. 

I have been on the Equinox before and the water in the buffet and dining room has been fine.  We like to have the waters iced up in our cooler for use on deck, on our balcony and for when we go to the beach.

12 minutes ago, JennyD1 said:

Yes, I know that the $230 I was quoted was for two and included the gratuities.  I also think that is an outrageous price for water.  I was told that if you bring your own It cannot be a name brand. 

I have been on the Equinox before and the water in the buffet and dining room has been fine.  We like to have the waters iced up in our cooler for use on deck, on our balcony and for when we go to the beach.

Ask your stateroom attendant to have a pitcher of water with ice in your room.  And it may be cheaper for you to buy water by the bottle rather than having a package.  

16 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I do not understand why, to save really a few dollars, people would waste luggage space to carry water bottles.  You are on vacation, either drink the water which is safe and bring your own water bottle, or spend and purchase when on board.

A case of water in the store is $5.  Celebrity is charging $230 for the water package.  Big difference.   I know the price is higher on the ship and I expect to pay more, but not $200 more.  I have had the water at the buffet and the dining room and it is fine and I will be refilling my bottles.  We drink a lot of water and like keeping it iced up in a cooler.

I just called Celebrity for a third time and confirmed you can carry ANY brand of water. You can bring as much as you can carry on. If you can carry a case, bring a case. They did tell me you couldnt put it in a suitcase. I told them I'm going to bring a case and carry it until we are through security and then put it in an empty suitcase because I have a bad back and I'm not carrying it all around a cruise ship. So that's the clear answer confirmed by celebrity. Idk who told you the other info or if you're just trolling to try and aggravate people but that's the answer about bringing water. If someones water was confiscated, it's because it wasnt in a sealed case.