Greek Isles and duty free

Suzy69

We never need to buy duty free because it is always more expensive than at home.  Thus we have never really looked, however I do know that if there is, it would be kept for you to take off the ship.  If you want duty free would it not be better to purchase at the airport in Venice?  

If you take your own bottles of wine on board you are required to pay a corkage fee that makes it only worth it if you have specific wines that you want to drink.  

They scan for alcohol when you board after going ashore for the day.  Anything you have bought is kept and given to you on the final night.  Before we got the drinks package we would buy one bottle ashore for our room for the final night!!  

We are on the Star in September - mega excited now that I can say ‘next month’ I am finally going to Venice and the Greek Islands.  It has been on my bucket list for too long.  

We were on the Star in July (Greek Isles, etc.) and the shops (including duty free) were open during regular hours (ie not at 4am and not while in port) . The duty free shop even had a 15% off sale on the first night of the cruise.

Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1