Equinox bucket of beer

JennyD1

Anyone recently on the Equinox purchased a bucket of beer?  I remember the pool bar or he Mast bar had a bucket special when I cruised last year.  I had the drink package at the time so I did not purchase it.  I will be cruising on the Equinox next month and did not purchase the drink package this time.  I seem to remember the bucket price was a pretty good deal.

27 minutes ago, JennyD1 said:

Anyone recently on the Equinox purchased a bucket of beer?  I remember the pool bar or he Mast bar had a bucket special when I cruised last year.  I had the drink package at the time so I did not purchase it.  I will be cruising on the Equinox next month and did not purchase the drink package this time.  I seem to remember the bucket price was a pretty good deal.

Yes, $24 for 5 bottles.  Bud, Red Stripe, Miller Lite, Becks.     Not good with any package.  It was a special on Wednesday on our 7 day cruise on Equinox.

It is a very good deal!

If you purchase a bucket of beer don’t do it while in the FL port.   I did it as I wanted to have a few beers for the sail away.   Any savings that I got were offset by the sales tax.

Drink up 🍻🍹🥂🍷🍾🍸🍺🥃

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Depending on what you call a good deal.  Since I can get 30 pk of bud around 22 or so 

They usually have beer on sale around holidays. I usually can get a 30 pk of Bud for $15.97 plus tax. I usually stock up with enough to last until the next holiday. This is in Phoenix, at the local grocery store.

At the quantities the cruise lines buy, I can’t imagine what they pay. I don’t know how they can make a buck only selling it for $180 ($6 per) plus 20% gratuity per 30 pack.

Because of that, our drinks budget is $0 and have never exceeded it.

1 minute ago, grandgeezer said:

They usually have beer on sale around holidays. I usually can get a 30 pk of Bud for $15.97 plus tax. I usually stock up with enough to last until the next holiday. This is in Phoenix, at the local grocery store.

At the quantities the cruise lines buy, I can’t imagine what they pay. I don’t know how they can make a buck only selling it for $180 ($6 per) plus 20% gratuity per 30 pack.

Because of that, our drinks budget is $0 and have never exceeded it.

This comparison always makes me laugh. Prices on a cruise ship are similar to buying a drink in a bar or restaurant on land, yet there aren't threads on forums about how much the local dive charges for a bottle of beer!

You go ahead and buy your beer from the grocery store. After all, it has the advantage of being able to sit at home in front of the TV in your wifebeater watching Nascar.

7 hours ago, Guindalf said:

This comparison always makes me laugh. Prices on a cruise ship are similar to buying a drink in a bar or restaurant on land, yet there aren't threads on forums about how much the local dive charges for a bottle of beer!

You go ahead and buy your beer from the grocery store. After all, it has the advantage of being able to sit at home in front of the TV in your wifebeater watching Nascar.

Your comparison makes me laugh. On land you have other options like a grocery store.  On a cruise ship they take advantage of the fact you have no other choice... actually they control your choice so you have no other option but to pay their high prices the entire time. On land in the US that would be considered price gouging, which is actually a crime... Elimination of a free market and price manipulation of a controlled addictive substance. So, yeah not a fair game being played by the Cruise Lines. 

9 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Don’t really get why you have to insult but if it makes you happy go for it. Yes all people who drink beer watch nascar. We are hillbilly hicks uncouth. I guess.  

In general I know it’s not an equal comparison. But it was a comparison. It’s not like you can shop on the ship for a better deal. 

I've taken advantage of bucket 'deal' when only drinking 1-2 right away. 

I first confirm with server that later/tomorrow I can swap an unopened bottle from bucket for cool one (or get ice for room storage, since frig usually not very cool).  Always has been ok but I do swap later at same bar where purchased.

Bon Voyage

12 hours ago, Guindalf said:

You would know all about your last statement, it shows in your snide remark.

We've got almost 500  days at sea, in the last fifteen years, so we don't spend much time watching tv.

Don't knock wife beater shirts, from what I've seen, they are acceptable wear in the MDR, even on evening chic nights.

There are places that charge about what cruise ships do, but I worked too hard for my money, so I avoid those places.