Punta sur

Tin

We’ve been to Cozumel about 5 times now. We really enjoy the beach and the punta sur area. We have a group of 8 and would like to go there. What’s the best way to get there? Take a tour? Or just grab a cab?

32 minutes ago, Tin said:

We’ve been to Cozumel about 5 times now. We really enjoy the beach and the punta sur area. We have a group of 8 and would like to go there. What’s the best way to get there? Take a tour? Or just grab a cab?

Where have you been previously at Punta Sur and how did you go?

If you want to go into the actual park you need to pay an entrance. There are some tours on shoreexcursioneer coupled with ATV’s, buggies, e bikes otherwise you need to take a taxi and arrange in advance for return trip or hire a private driver to wait for you.

cell phone service there is not reliable- I wouldn’t want to be dependent on calling for a return taxi on a cruise ship day.

with 8 people I would contact ToursPlaza and arrange for a driver to stay with me.

Edited by c-leg5

You can also tell the greeter at the Taxi station that you have a group of 8 and want a van and driver for day to Punta Sur.  They will give you a flat price per hour you book.  That way he stays with you and you don't have to call for a taxi return.  Its probably 45 min drive each way, so maybe 4 hours down there max?  Either way, just dont' expect to get a return taxi unless you have already scheduled one.  They don't cruise the road all the way down there to tip of island.  Don't get stranded and miss the ship.

I would never just book a random driver at the pier.  I've met people who have overcharged and stranded.  We LOVE Punta Sur - no other beach compares in our opinion.  We always go with Crescencio Lopez - Black Hat Tours.  He is the sweetest guy.  I highly recommend him.  I also just read something about a group being take to a beach and told it was Punta Sur - but it wasn't even Punta Sur and the driver never came back for them.