Celebrity Cruises Suite Lover...Regent??

lawgirl

46 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Would you know if there are organized children's programs like there are on Celebrity (and RCL)?

There are organized children's programs during the summer on most itineraries but not during the rest of the year as luxury cruise lines tend to be mostly adults when school is in session.  

We have been on Celebrity and NCL and do not feel that the children's programs on Regent meet the level that there are on these cruise lines.  After all, Regent ships are small compared to Celebrity, NCL and definitely RCL and do not have room for slides into the pool and other activities that one would see on non-luxury cruise lines.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

There are organized children's programs during the summer on most itineraries but not during the rest of the year as luxury cruise lines tend to be mostly adults when school is in session.  

We have been on Celebrity and NCL and do not feel that the children's programs on Regent meet the level that there are on these cruise lines.  After all, Regent ships are small compared to Celebrity, NCL and definitely RCL and do not have room for slides into the pool and other activities that one would see on non-luxury cruise lines.

I understand about regent not having the slides and activities like X, NCL, and RCL. We just are concerned there will be no other children our DD'S age on the ship.  She doesn't require much, but being the only kid on the ship may be a bit much for the week.  We have been cruising in the upper suites on X and RCL, and are looking to try the next step up in luxury cruising.  Thinking regent might be right for us.  

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

I understand about regent not having the slides and activities like X, NCL, and RCL. We just are concerned there will be no other children our DD'S age on the ship.  She doesn't require much, but being the only kid on the ship may be a bit much for the week.  We have been cruising in the upper suites on X and RCL, and are looking to try the next step up in luxury cruising.  Thinking regent might be right for us.  

There are a lot of children on the ships during the summer in Alaska and the Caribbean and quite a few in the Med.  However, if you sail when school is in session, there will likely be 1-5 children.

Regent is a great cruise line but is not set up for children so Regent does the best that they can during the summer and most children enjoy "Mariners Club" (the children's program).  

On 10/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, philpcruiser said:

So much depends on your daughter and her likes/dislikes.  I’ve known some kids who can hang with adults (sometimes MUCH older adults) all the time and enjoy it, and I’ve known others who can’t deal with the older gang at all.  TC is right that there aren’t a lot of activities for kids as a rule, but it’s also true that the crew seems to go out of their way to engage younger cruisers.  We took our girls when they were in their mid-teens and they were good for a week...they binge watched ‘Glee’ and ordered pizza from room service.  They worked on the crossword and hung out by the pool grill.  Played ping-pong and read in the library.  We did family board games, etc...

So yes, there are some things to do but it’s far from kid-oriented.  You’ll just need to assess your daughter’s capacity to adapt to a mellower vibe and go from there.

• Like 1

Philipcruiser,

There was a 13/14 year old girl on the whole '19WC. She was traveling with her Grandparents who were both educators. She seemed to have a very good time - they all went to lectures, took tours, spent time in the computer room, went to the evening entertainment and probably played games - I don't so I can't vouch for that - and she was generally around the ship all day.

She was everyone's daughter/granddaughter.

She was delightful and we all -  officers, staff, crew and passengers - enjoyed her . . .

You are right - nothing  special for kids but this young lady seemed fine.

Just another opinion.

Peggy

• Like 1