Lesson learned - don't wait to book

Joebucks

We had the price drop three times over the last 12 months for our upcoming Breeze cruise. We have a family oceanview because of the square footage and bathtub for kiddos. We had booked with ES so we lost our $50 of OBC but still made out better. Right now, they're trying to sell those last Oceanviews and are priced about 300 above what we ultimately paid. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it’s a good one that goes to Bonaire and Aruba...think Grand Turk and HMC.

Awesome itinerary... our one cruise where the price kept climbing was similar but not quite as good as yours.  Aruba, Curaçao, La Romana😐, and Grand Turk.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 6:57 PM, Anyislandwilldo said:

I book as soon as the cruise is released in order to get the room we want.  We always stay on the lido deck.  Also booking early saver on all the cruises and get price reductions but haven't seen OBC in a longgggg time.

I booked for 2021 when Cuba fell through and decided to try lido since we go to the cabin often.you have to book early.im still almost 400 days out on next year's cruise.i booked it ln January.i stopped booking early saver and just do military same rate less restrictions.

Edited by scpirate
Wanted to add to it sorry

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, Rudyard said:

Last price drop I had was on Triumph a week after coming back into service following the cruise with the "problems". It was around $200 and I'm guessing they were having difficulty filling cabins at the time. Haven't had a price drop since then. Every cruise has gone up by about $150 to $200. 

Same with us. We haven't seen any substantial price drops since 2013 either. I think we ended up with about $250.00 in OBC. We had a great cruise with a near zero bar tab. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

We usually book around a year / 15 months in advance.  And we book through Early Saver - we've had some really good price drops - totaling more than $200 per person.  This year, our Pride cruise dropped about $60 each - but then has gone up and up - now showing over $200 MORE per person than our lowered price.   But I also see that there are only a couple of balconies left, and that's with a little over 2 months to go.  Supply and demand.... to me, that seems to be the reason.

I would like to book farther out but we seem to always decide to cruise more spontaneously so we end up booking usually 4-6 months out. Probably costs a little more doing so close but not that much when I compare comparable cruise a year or more out. Our next cruise is in October on Vista, we booked it in June and first part of July we were offered a good deal on upgrade so we ended making out very well. 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, TEXSUN46 said:

I would like to book farther out but we seem to always decide to cruise more spontaneously so we end up booking usually 4-6 months out. 

I would like to book closer to, but we seem to always decide to cruise WAY ahead of time!!! Last 3 cruises have averaged 500 days in advance! and it makes me crazy waiting! Some day I'm going to book the week before and just cruise!

12 hours ago, bplazo said:

I never book early.  My husband did not tell me that he booked a cruise for november until last week for November.  I am a wait till the last minute person.  Three months off is a long time.

As I mentioned, I'd love to just not plan a cruise so far in advance, just once! In my cruise world, 3 months is nothin'!