Please share your Disney cruise secrets !!!

Ziggy7

AND ALSO IMPORTANT: For those of you who have never been to the Atlantis.... It is an extremely large property and considered pricey by some. $12 cheeseburgers with no fries. So be prepared if you're on a budget.

Look for the Family Deal offered at some of the Atlantis food huts: 4 burgers, fries, and drinks for $25. They were great burgers too!

Thanks for the tip!!!

We are sailing on our first DCL cruise 6/08, a 4-night Bahamas trip. Could someone please tell me more about "pixie dust?" It sounds like a wonderful idea!

Also, any other things to do in Nassau besides shopping or the Atlantis club?

Thanks!!:rolleyes:

Melanie

We are sailing on our first DCL cruise 6/08, a 4-night Bahamas trip. Could someone please tell me more about "pixie dust?" It sounds like a wonderful idea!

Also, any other things to do in Nassau besides shopping or the Atlantis club?

Thanks!!:rolleyes:

Melanie

Pixie Dust is a phrase that we use for the feeling that you get when you're on a DCL ship, at a Disney resort or in a Disney park. You can't buy it, you can't touch it and you can't see or smell it but you can get it for free and you're welcome to pass it around. It's that zip-a-dee-do-dah feeling that you get when the music is playing, the sun is shining, the kids are happy and your surroundings are clean and festive and you can't hardly open your mouth without a song coming right out of it.

. . . You can also book a private shuttle from the airport to Downtown Disney to spend the time you would be waiting at the airport.:D

Does anyone know what the cost of a shuttle to Downtown Disney runs and how long does it take to get there?

Pixie Dust is a phrase that we use for the feeling that you get when you're on a DCL ship, at a Disney resort or in a Disney park. You can't buy it, you can't touch it and you can't see or smell it but you can get it for free and you're welcome to pass it around. It's that zip-a-dee-do-dah feeling that you get when the music is playing, the sun is shining, the kids are happy and your surroundings are clean and festive and you can't hardly open your mouth without a song coming right out of it.

Love that! Thanks Host Mick!

For disability, we are deaf, they provided us two an interpreters and provided us a minicom, flashing light, fire alarm equipment in the stateroom. We had a fabulous time with an interpreters.

Well done to dcl.

That why we come back again again.

Scottishwee35;)

Can you explain how those things work? I've always wondered.

Is it like a buzzer that vibrates or is it just light? I don't think strobe lights would ever wake me up in the middle of the night.

They keep me awake! I was in a hotel in Anaheim where the strobes kept going off all night. No horns just strobes. After the third time, I hung a jacket over the strobe so that we could get some sleep.

On the Wonder, go to the shopping talk the first day and sit all the way in the front. Dustin gives out lots of prizes for those that scream, yell, and jump out of their seats. I ended up with a free rum cake and nail polish from Del Sol. I also aid for the $25 shopping card and got lots of "free" stuff in Nassau.

• 2 weeks later...
Bring a bullet blender and some mudslide mix (I found them before I left in a plastic bottle) and you can make your own drinks in your room. I then board it into a DCL glass and walked around the ship with it.

Ooh, good one! :)

Great idea! ive checked out the disneystore website too. Im not from the US, I am travelling from the UK in dec, does anyone know if I can order from the disney website and have it delivered to the ship? or to our hotel in orlando? how long befor my trip should I order the gifts. im getting some direct from disney cruiseline delivered to our room, but the other website obviously has a bigger range, and i cant wait to see everyones face when they get a surprise pressie, it will be christmas after all.

• 2 months later...

YES! We had a postcard signed for friends, did a mat and a canvas. We were two friends, no kids. Although Guest Services can tell who is in your stateroom, they didn't ask who the signatures were for. Do it at the beginning of your cruise and they'll show up in your room on the last night.

You don't list a DCL coming up, we did the Panama Canal in May, it was really terrific to be on a 'special' cruise, lots of extras (they told us). It was our first DCL so really can't compare to a standard itinerary, but we felt good thinking we were getting extras.

All The Best Tips (from the Dis)

I sent all of our clothes out to be pressed on our first night, and for $40 had my clothes ready for the week.

Bring an over the door shoe holder for the bathroom to hold all of the toiletries.

Don't forget the duct tape.

two-way radios.

Zip lock bags were VERY useful.

Nightlight for bathroom

Bring dryer sheets

soft sided cooler to bring off the ship for excursions and beaches.

-Don't worry about getting to the disembarkation talk, as it will be repeated all evening on your stateroom television.

-Bring swimwear in your day bag. One of the best times for an uncrowded swim is in the period of time between embarkation and the safety drill.

-Seek out and enjoy the secret deck 7 aft verandah

clothes pins to close curtains to keep that morning sun out of your room!

- Extension cord so you can have extra outlets!

- gift basket from the perfect gift - One that includes snacks, juice boxes, sand toys, sunscreen, champagne, beer, etc - so you don't have to pack all of that in your suitcase!

- COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES!!!!

Beach bag.

Spray on sunscreen for the scalp if you have your hair braided.

Cork screw if you bring wine for the romantic evenings on the verandah

I have also brought some of my own beverages and mixers and cups w/lids to mix the drinks.

We brought 2 shoe bags-one for shoes and the other for toiletries.

bring a luggage carrier or something w/wheels for the soft pack cooler.

My favorite tip was to order room service coffee the night before. It stayed hot in the carafe and I had my coffee ready when I woke up each morning. Yes, it is the little things that make me happy.

Another tip: pack what you think you will need...then take out 50%.

Air freshener for the potty. . . we forgot it

Light up travel clock

baggies

Bonine

cold medicines

cameras

sample bottle of dishwashing detergent and handiwipe for washing out

sippy cups, etc.

beach bag or something to lug stuff out to castaway cay.

Those little laundry, individually packaged, detergent tablets.

Air freshener

Save the plastic bags that your dry-cleaning comes home in. I have a HUGE garmet bag (holds 3 suits and about 20 dresses) and I packed everything in these bags (I doubled and tripled some items in the bags) and I unpacked virtually "wrinkle free" clothes!!!!

Pack one suitcase full of stuff, then put that suitcase inside another one. Then when you get where you're going, you've got an extra, empty suitcase for all the stuff you know you're gonna buy!

If you're undecided about that beach towel, or tshirt, or other souvenir... buy it. You'll be mad at yourself later if you don't!

1. If you smoke, buy cigarettes in St. Maarten, about $12.00 per carton.

#2. Individual Shout stain remover packets.

#3. Papaya Enzyme. chewable tablets, helps digest food in case you eat something that doesn't agree with you, THIS IS A MUST.

#4. Correctal, gentle laxative, for men or women. Nothing worse than have that bloated feeling while on a cruise.

#5. On 7nt cruise, Who Whats to be a Mouseketeer show, wait to sit down until everyone else is. Pick out an empty row or one that has very few people. When the computer picks seats for the "Hot Seat" it is done randomly. If the seat is empty they go to the next closest one. So....if your row is practically empty you have a better chance.

#6. Take pictures of everything, if you don't you will regret it once you get them developed and wish you had a photo of it.

#7. To cut down on clothing, bring a nice pair of black slacks. They go with just about everything, and just change tops each night. Plus you only need one pair of nice black dress sandals to go with them.

#8. If you want a Beach Cabana Massage on Castaway Cay go directly to the Vista Spa once you have boarded. The reservations go VERY fast.

#9. If you like the internet, buy the unlimited access, while on board. It is 89.00 but worth it if you on the computer alot.

#10. Relax, enjoy and don't stress......rememeber this is a vacation.

I found a 'folder' to be helpful to keep papers in that you want to take home with you.

Underwater camera is fun too! We took it with us to Castaway Cay and to Stingray City (on the Western Cruise).

Coffeemaker,

ext cord

alarm clock for the room

over door shoe holder

air freshner

2 way radios

zip loc bags

more bathing suits than I thought I'd need

clothes pins

comfortable walking shoes

skin so soft insect repellent

baby spray on scalp sunscreen

aloe for sunburn

sweater for show

individual antibacterial hand wipes

night light

1. Twice the money and sunscreen you think you need.

2. Order the 'All Hands on Deck' cheese platter every single night even if you aren't hungry. It is awesome!

3. Get a wake-up call everyday. It is Mickey Mouse calling!

4. Have your bathings suits with you when you board.

1. Roll or 2 of quarters.

2. Shout wipes or stain sticks.

3. Laundry tablets.

3. Little flash lights (more than and pass them out to your family). Also keep 1 in the bath room.

4. Chewable Dramamine if you have little ones and I used it too.

5. Pack 60% less than you think you need.

6. Bottles of H20 and you can refill them with the filtered water on deck.

7. Dish soap.

8. Illuminated night clock.

9. Zip lock bags (large and small).

A Digital Camera is Great

be sure to have a waterproof watch.

Save the tip $ aside before your trip and had them all labeled and in separate envelopes. It made it so nice at the end of the cruise to just take the $ out of the in-room safe and put them into the little tip envelopes. No standing in line at guest services

The counselors in the children's programming are not tipped positions, but appreciate a small gift (phone cards)

You can go to guest services at anytime during your cruise to take care of the tips

The lines at guest services get longer towards the end of the cruise, so make sure you get any business (paying tips, etc) done as early as possible. The same applies for shopping.

There is a change machine in the 2 upstairs laundry rooms. On the 7th floor room you get more time than the 6th floor. Bring our own soap from home pre-measured in Ziploc bags and dryer sheets in another. There are no dryer sheets available on the ship. There is no stain remover on the ship, so pack some. People are CUTTHROAT with the washers and dryers and I had to go the two different decks to find availability. It's better if you wash on a Port day, because sea days are killer in the laundry. Guaranteed that the dryer will take 2 cycles. You can put more than one cycle worth of money in the dryer. i.e. you could put $2.00 for a load and it would dry for 80 min.

Order a pitcher of lemonade from room service each day (no charge) and kept it in the fridge

There is a drink station located aft on deck nine, includes milk, tea, coffee, water, juice and or lemonade

Bring back some fruit from the breakfast buffet and boxes of cereal to snack on.

Fruit and cookies available at Scoops throughout the day.

The best time to find characters is during the sail-away celebration, on deck 10.

In the corridors on the ship, just look at the carpet to find out which way the back or front of the ship is - the anchor on the carpet is two-colored, the red points towards the back of the ship, the blue towards the front.

Don't leave "Disney Dreams" early. This is a "must-see" show, but at the end, don't join the people who leave before the final bows. There is still one more surprise to see.

Allow your kids to participate in the kids program at the end of the cruise. They get free t-shirts.

Don't worry if you don't make it to the disembarkation talk. Although everyone is told to attend, they rebroadcast it continually on the stateroom televisions for the rest of the day. Do something else while everyone is packed in the theater, and then watch it later, at your convenience

took an envelope full of $1 bills for room service -

worked out so well - just reached in the drawer by the

door and was ready for room service

phone cards for extra special people - the staff was

so pleased with them - bought a pack at Sam's.

THANK YOU to whoever created the idea of the over-

the-door organizer

- order sandwiches (pb&j uncrustables in the package) the night before a day on land and put them in your soft-side cooler. Megans Bay in St. Thomas was super expensive for food and wished we had our sandwiches that we had in St. Martin from the boat.

-we kept the light on in the bathroom and shut the door, light came from underneath and worked fine.

-store all life vest under bed to give more shelf space

-bring your own beach toys from Target/Walmart. The kids got so much use out of them even at the pool.

-do your laundry at the crack of dawn cause their always filled. bring along a roll of quarters

-clothes pins work great to hang things from the back of your chairs on balcony if you have one. Stuff, like car seats can be stored out there, too.

A good 'ol fashioned can of Lysol

Button hole extenders. On our first cruise DH didn't try on his shirt before we left and he hadn't worn it in quite awhile.

Don't forget to bring a deposit for rebooking your next cruise while onboard!!!

I ALWAYS travel with a small assortment of Plastic Zip straps. (the kind that police are using for handcuffs). I

Pre-Written address computer labels for post cards.

1) Bring bathing suit in carry on-- so you don't have to wait for your bags to be delivered to your room!

2) Bring extra cards for your camera, and a waterproof camera. I recommend using disposables, so you don't have to worry about camera malfunctions. Bring your camera EVERYWHERE!

3) Skip the lunch buffet at least once, and eat at Tritons/Lumiere's

4) Bring an address book, and meet new people! Exchange emails addresses with people (especially tablemates, and you can stay in touch, swap pictures and stories!

5) Bring thank you cards for the staff. Coming from a cast member, it's the little things that keep the pixie dust in your heart alive!

6) Save everything, and make a scrapbook.

7) Go to at least one program/activity a day. The cruise staff is great, and you get to meet people other then the ones you see at meals.

8) Play, or at least attend Jackpot bingo the last night. It's a blast. WARNING WARNING WARNING BINGO IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, but FUN FUN FUN!!

Fanny packs.

We give each kid (got 4) a 24 exposure disposable camera before the trip. Let em take a picture of whatever they want. But once they use it up they are done. They get better with each trip.

Plus they have their own memories.

Straws.

Some hard candy (my favorite is butterscotch).

LOTS of extra batteries.

2 swimsuits for each person. You can wear one while drying the other

Earlier tipsters said to pack a nailclipper in an unlocked outside pocket of your suitcase to cut them off. Also, to leave some wiggle room (don't cinch it all the way) so that you can fit the clippers around the cable

Treat your clothing with wash-in sunscreen. It's cheap (under $3 a washload) and doesn't effect color or feel of the cloth. Works in water (swimming) too. The product is called Sun Guard from Rit.

Collapsible hamper....we found this to be very convenient for putting our dirty clothes in and carrying to the laundry room. Also these ID holders can be found at walmart for only .97.

Make sure you leave a set of clothes out for debarking....people have been known to pack EVERYTHING the night before and leave the ship in their jammies!!!

Bring your sense of humor.....

For those of you traveling with toddlers around the age of 2 who can not go into the pool (and yes they are pretty strict about the non potty trained children in the pool) Bring sand toys, and set up camp by the Goofy pool. There is a railing that separated the pool area from the deck area. Along the railing on deck side are tables and chairs. Using the table, chairs, and railing, create a barrier. Place your child in the middle with sand toys and bucket of water. You can sit around them in the chairs. My son was completely satisfied with this set up and would play for hours.

Save your old socks, underwear, swimsuits, etc and have them make a one way trip with you.

By tossing out old clothes you'll have LOTS of room for souvenirs et al when you pack to come home.

extension cord with multiple outlets

disposable camera for your child to use

pillowcases for the characters to sign

small scrapbook for autographs. I use a small scrapbook instead of an autograph book so that I can have the picture on one side and the autograph on the other. I can also add as many pages as I want.

your own hairdryer...the ones in the cabins are weak

bungee cord or rope if you have connecting rooms. You need something if/when you want to keep the connecting doors open

We like to take a mesh laundry bag (Wal-Mart) and hang it in the closet (loop over the hanger) and put dirty clothes in there, when we pack, all the dirty clothes are together in one suitcase. Unpacking, all the dirty things are ready to be sorted and washed while the clean items are put away

Bring your own sandtoys for Castaway Cay!

Crayons, books and plain paper for kids during the down time in the room --- have them make a "picture" scrapbook for when they get back home!

Post it and pens for the room...... great to leave notes for family who "Cross like ships in the night....." or even your cabin steward....

Flashlights that only work while you are holding down the button (Walmart has them in cool colors) This solves the problem of the little angels falling asleep with the security flashlight on and going through a set of batteries every other night!

Large thick trash bags.. Put the dirty clothes in them when you get ready to go home.. gather up the top and hold tight.. have partner roll or smoosh from the other end to get the air out. The dirties take up much less room and no worry that they will infect your left over clean clothes or new t-shirts. I have not been able to find one of those airless travel bags that are large enough to handle all our laundry..... Also makes room for more stuff!!

Use label maker to tag everything that might leave the room... we got a disposable camera back this way..... Make and bring extra labels incase you forget something

We have found some little spray cans of pillow and room scent...... They are by The Healing Garden and can be found at Target/ Walmart. Highly concentrated with a high dollar scent at discount price. ( $4- $6) They are part of a line of bath products. Best choices...... Gingerlily therapy or ZZZZ therapy.... IMHO

If you do not want to get dressed up for your normal dinner seating -- there is always an alternative site available for a served meal in Parrot Cay, Lumiere's, or the Topsider's area (where the afternoon buffet is)."

watches/pagers - anything to tell time for when everyone has to meet up. Extremely useful in parks, but we also found it useful on ship if you could set alarm.

do not disembark early - that is for people who are rushing to catch a plane or other transportation.

if you have nothing to rush to, be the last ones off the ship! do not go to breakfast in the restaurant - go to the buffet, pick up a tray and fill it for everyone in your cabin. back at the cabin, take your time, have a nice shower, breakfast on the verandah in port - relax - the cruise is not over yet!

when you are ready, you can walk off the boat, no crowds, easily find your luggage and cruise through customs.

Bring an extra suitcase filled with bottles of water. You can buy less expensive bottled water at home and, as you drink the water, you are emptying the suitcase for souvenirs to bring home

we always bring (especially if you have a verandah) is a small pair of binoculars. It's great for looking a passing islands, dolphins, etc. Be sure that the kids keep the cord around their necks when they're using them so they don't drop them overboard.

BEFORE you leave on your cruise:

* Arrange to have your mail held

* Stop your newspaper delivery

On Castaway Cay, we came back from the adult beach to eat at Cookies. All around us people had tropical fruit on their plates. I went back to the buffet and looked and looked, but never found any! Figured they had run out. It turned out there was a fruit stand on the other side of Cookies, closer to the ship. By the time I found it after leaving lunch, I was already stuffed. Don't let it happen to you!

If you are a repeat cruiser on DCL, and are invited to the captains cocktail party , then be sure to show up early. We showed up on time and did not have a comfortable place to sit down

"return address labels" to our packing list. That way you don't spend 15 minutes filling out your luggage tags on the last day of the cruise! Stick on a sticker and your stateroom number and you're done!

Grand Cayman Shopping: Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet is the best place by far...

If you bring alot of clothes that need to be hung in the closet ask your steward for extra hangers

When does Boarding Begin??? Usually around noon - maybe a little earlier or later

When does Checkin Begin???

I think the port opens at 10:30 and check in starts the same time

How do you handle bringing on Garment Bags? Should we "check" them or carry on? We've always checked ours with the airline and it goes right to our room with the rest of the luggage

What do you do after you check in, but before you board? Most people opt to stand in line and wait to board so they get on early. There are seats near TV's playing Disney cartoons if you don't want to wait in line. You can also go out on a deck and see the ship.

I saw mention of Parrot Cay being open "as you're boarding" for lunch. Is the Topsiders also open? Is it simply a choice of formal/less formal eating that first day? At that time is it still important to wear pants for lunch?--or is it lenient in the diningroom just this particular day? !!!! (Certainly would not want to dress up the first day, if it wasn't necessary!) The same menu is done in both - buffet style. They will try and fill up Parrot Cay first and then Topsiders, but you can go right up - they have never stopped us. I believe they serve lunch until at least 2pm. After that hot dogs, etc. from Plutos is available.

- Store suit cases under the bed (even our two largest 30" Pullman's fit) just lift the bed to fit them under

- Pack your clothes that you don't want to iron on hangers and in dry cleaning bags for your suitbag - you won't have nearly as many wrinkles (your drycleaner will give you extra bags if you ask for them)

- If you have a veranda, bring about 15' of closeline and closepins. there are places high up near the ceiling to tie off the closeline to hang wet items - especially useful after Castaway Key so you wont need to pack wet items (our dried by the time we got back to Port Canaveral)

- Windex wipes to clean your glass on your veranda - the salt spray accumulates and obstructs the view (the 1/4" glass is clear)

- Pack your small item clothes (underwear, socks, kids clothes, etc.) in ziplock bags, much easier to stay organized especially with a full stateroom

- Plug-in Glade/Wizard oil based deoderizer for the bathroom - used mine in the shaver plug on the hair dryer and everyone commented how our head smelled like "apple pie and cinnamon"

- Take a large hand bag for excursions

- Bring a small memo pad to plan your day - what activities at what times (makes it easier if you have to plan between multiple Navigators - we had 3 kids in different age brackets, plus the adult Navigators to contend with)

- Bring an envelope to keep your Navigators in and organized

- If you're dong Disney excursions sign up online before your cruise (avoid the ressie rush)

- Bring your own movie / show candy (we love Skittles) and brought a gallon bag full of individual serving bags. We had lots of inquiries about where to get those Skittles from our theater neighbors!

- Hit the pool as soon as you get your Palo & Spa ressies done (wear your swimsuit under your boarding clothes) - Our kids loved being the FIRST in the Mickey pool and slide. We ate at Topsiders Buffet after the swim.

- Bring dishsoap - we washed lots of items in the sink and hung to dry (especially for food stains). We also used it to wash snorkel gear in the bathtub

- They quit serving drinks at the eating establishments (except at the bar on the Family Beach) on Castaway Cay when they stop serving food (when the food outlets close at 2:00 P.M.) Make sure you have enough liquids to last the rest of the day unless you want to visit the bars

- You won't have to rent floats if you are willing to wait until around Noon on CC - by then enough are discarded laying around and floating "free" in the lagoon for your use (we rented one early, then had so many extra drift by... could not locate the owners so we used them)

- Snorkel early (snorkel first thing) at CC - the bottom gets stirred up bad and visibility becomes very limited

- All 10 of the Disney's snorkel vests we tried leaked badly through the valve - you may want to consider bringing your own if you need to rely on these for buoyancy (Note you must wear one in the CC snorkeling area)

- No floats in the snorkle area (I think a very bad policy) would help prevent the bottom from getting so torn up

- Order anything you want off the menu's, your servers will be happy to mix and match menu items, even combining veggies from one entree, with main course from others. You can also get multiples (more than one appetizer, main course, dessert, etc. so you can sample more things) - Bring an appetite!

- When you see the Shutter's staff, drag (ask them) nicely over to photograph your kids / you, etc. rather that wait from them to ask - you will have a lot more pictures to choose from later.

- At Shutters, stack the pictures you are considering purchasing together each day so you you don't have to search all the displays repeatedly. Shutters staff will keep the stacks together.

- Don't show up just-in-time for movies - the Buena Vista Theater is small and if your party is large, you may not be able to sit together. Same goes for the Walt Disney Theater - find your seats early (at least 5 minutes before the show) so you will be more successful finding good seating and as a courtesy to others.

- Bring several large-mouth plastic bottles (that will fit into your collapsible cooler) for excursions, or for keeping drinks & water in your stateroom beverage cooler. We kept them full of ice/water from the drink station and made our own ice tea, lemon aid, Tang, and Crystal Lite (all sugar free). You can also fill these easily with Ice, water, etc. from the drink station on Deck 9.

- Lemon aid is no longer FREE with room service

- Buy a couple of "dry boxes" from eBay or a dive shop. We spent $1.25 each on ours, and kept our KTTY cards, credit cards, cash (change too) and receipts safe and dry even on snorkeling and diving excursions. You could keep your smokes dry if you are a smoker... Disney sells these for about $7, but you can also get them from Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach before your cruise or from other sources.

We brought but did not need:

- 2-Way Radios (didn't use them once)

- KTTY holders (from Walmart, Passporter, etc.) The dry boxes used (see above) worked fine and were not nearly as obnoxious

- Clothing steamer (between the dry cleaning bags for our hang-up clothes and the Downy wrinkle release spray we were fine)

- Extension cord - our laptop, battery charger, and hair dryer could all plug into the two outlets at the desk and the one behind the TV

- Books (never had time to read, except in the car on the way down and back). The other times we were too busy socializing and participating in other activities.

- Binoculars

- Sweaters on a summer cruise - all the dining rooms were comfortable to warm

. Don't bring on so many carry-ons when boarding. We took a bag EACH because we were thinking "what if". They were very much in the way and not-so-fun to carry around until our rooms opened up at 1:15PM. Turns out we should have checked EVERYTHING and just ate, toured the ship, then went to our room

They are going to take a family picture as soon as you walk on board - if you are each carrying 2 bags or toting a wheelie bag, you are going to look like a family of packhorses. We did.

You don't have to buy the photo package the first few days - wait to see if there will be enough (or any) pictures you want to purchase. If you have young kids and they participate in the activities, there will probably be a lot. If you have older kids, or it is just you and spouse, you may waste your money. Find your pictures each day and group them - they may move them but they won't throw them away. The special posed pictures (with characters, captain or in front of backdrops) aren't part of the package. You buy them separately

 We did Key West on our own. You can see a lot by walking around, depending on how hot it is. We ended up buying a daily pass for the Bone Island Shuttle ($7 each for all day riding). Not as many stops as the Trolley, but more cost efficient and you get to see more of Key West if you ride the entire circuit. We bought our tickets at the same booth as they sell the trolley tickets near the Key West Aquarium

 Juice for room

 suction hooks for hanging up wet swimsuits,

 pasting a picture on the cabin door so that DD10 can quickly see our cabin and not get lost,

 ordering sandwiches from room-service and putting them in Ziplok bags for excursions.........

 We then headed over to Sessions to request Sylvester and Joel as servers. We got their names from this board. We had the LAP rotation and table 32 on our KTTW's but traded that for APL and table 63 to have them as servers. We were not sorry. Joel was on another rotation, but Zaldy was teamed with Sylvester and they were fabulous.

If you want a great team of servers, look no further than these two. They found out that DW likes DCL whipped cream and berries and we soon found a heaping bowl of berries covered by two inches of whipped cream at our table whenever they waited on us, including breakfast at Lumiere's

 Bring some adhesive/suction hooks to stick to shower tiles & mirrors. With 4 people we quickly ran out of places to hang our many bathing suits where they were outta the way!

 My hubby got a refillable beer mug on our August 16th cruise. They have the mugs right when you board or by the pool. I'm not sure how much he paid for it but he thoroughly enjoyed it! Very easy to refill at the bars by the pool, etc.

 The last night of your cruise you pack everything up except what you will need in the morning (clothes and grooming supplies) Your luggage needs to be outside of your door by 11pm with the character tags on it that they will give you on that last day (BTW, big tip....take address labels with your name/address on them and then all you'll have to do is fill in stateroom number and your number of bags--i.e. 1 out of 3, 2 out of 3)

In the morning pack up all the rest in a carry on and take it to breakfast. As you disembark the ship you'll be directed to the luggage holding room where it will all be categorized based on who was on your character tag (Donald, Mickey, Daisy, etc)

 GRAND CAYMAN: Rackham's...a little way down on the left from the dock...oceanside, the deck overlooks the ocean, the food looks and smells wonderful, and for the beer lovers in your group the stingray city light and dark beers are both wonderful. They also have a great souvenir shop...in fact that is where we got all our souvenirs for everyone...better prices than most the other shops in Grand Cayman.

 reservations at Palo

This is why you want to be first in line. You make these reservations when you board. After they announce your family, you'll want to turn right past the elevators and go into the clubs, the first club is where they take Palo ressies.

 you put socks/undies in one ziplock bag, tshirts in another and then roll it to get the air out or compress it somehow? That seem so much more sanitary if your luggage has to be searched too. Somehow the thought of and airline employee pawing through my undies is not too appealing. (yes I do understand that searching baggage is very important and have not issues with them searching mine-just wondering where his/her hands have been ) That's what we did on our cruise in August, my DW is glad she did this as well b/c our suitcases were opened and searched at the airports, all our undies were in plastic bags, as were our socks. I think my DW use the large zip lock bags as well. They also came in handy for wet clothes on our trip home.

 Bailey’s Irish Crème (Buy in FL) for Thurs room party

 the porthole is 4' diameter - put XMAS lights around the inside of the window.

 we went on the 10/11/03

cruise and formal night was on Monday

apl is the seating to get if u would like to be in the fancy rest. for formal night..

 You can call up to a week before you sail and find out which movies are showing during your cruise. Call 1-888-325-2500, choose the "reservations" option, then ask what movies will be showing.

 ...before we went on our last cruise, we decided which cruise we were going to book while on board. I then went to several on-line travel sites and got quotes for that cruise. When we went to book the cruise on board, we took the quotes. The gal was able to match the cost plus give us the $200 credit

 If and ONLY IF the weather is not too hot and not too humid - the nights you wear a polo to dinner, the next day you can wear the same shirt (if you didn't get it to pitted/stinky partying the night before). You should be able to pack 3 or 4 less shirts (therefor less stuff in the suitcase).

 if anyone requires urgent dental treatment while on the Western Cruise, then get a taxi to the Medical Centre when you dock at Cozumel.They were wonderfully efficient and helpful to me when I had dental prob. New clean building , and helpful staff there - specializing in medical and dental probs. (Crew members also attend there if necessary).I was treated within the hour, and was sufficiently happy to partake

can adults do the tshirt/pillow case thing too? i'm a huge disney fan.

Absolutely! I dropped of a large photo matte to be signed on the first night. I told them which way to sign it (horizontal or vertical) gave a set of colored permanent ink pens and a bag of candy as a "tip" for the characters. It was in my stateroom waiting for me on the last night. I put a family picture from formal night in it and it looks great.

*souveniers and merchandise is cheaper on Castaway Cay than on the ship...wait and shop then...

*get on the waiting list (if needed) before you go for main seating and you will likely be granted your request & you will find out in your cabin when you arrive on the ship.

Have fun!

Sorry if I'm a little slow:D , but what is the waiting list for and where do you go to get on it?:confused: Will be taking our first Disney cruise in September so also thanks for the tips.

Sorry if I'm a little slow:D , but what is the waiting list for and where do you go to get on it?:confused: Will be taking our first Disney cruise in September so also thanks for the tips.

I believe they are talking about main vs late seating. If you were assigned late and want main, get on the wait list. This can be done through your TA or DCL. The request is likely to be granted and you will find out when you check in rather than asking once on board and hoping for the best.

Archived