Seabourn Sunbed Timer

SKP946

Oh, I just LOVE the look on people‘s faces when they return to „their“ reserved sunbed just to find out that SOMEBODY (of course it was me!) has removed their stuff and the sunbed is now occupied by ME! 🙂

We used to take care of a cat for some time. When our dog came back inside the house and the cat was on his sofa: SAME LOOK ON THE FACE! 😄

So to all the sunbed hoggers on the Encore in September: be careful. Your stuff is not safe any more because I will be around! 😎

• Like 1

After 8 cruises on Azamara, we're looking for a more upscale experience - with great ports, it goes without saying - and so we're reading these boards.

The sunbed situation described herein is a real surprise, and quite unappealing.  Hmmm.  Interesting reading, though ; )

Ithikan

Do not be put off , these situation are the exceptions not the rule. You can always get  one ore two selfish people on any cruise but I have founds the passengers on Seabourn generally  very good company.

35 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

After 8 cruises on Azamara, we're looking for a more upscale experience - with great ports, it goes without saying - and so we're reading these boards.

The sunbed situation described herein is a real surprise, and quite unappealing.  Hmmm.  Interesting reading, though ; )

Don't let this put you off! We have sailed Azamara a couple of times - very nice. We have sailed Seabourn eight times, ninth one coming up in October- all amazing. Food, service, suites.... all much better than Azamara. You can always find a sunbed - maybe not next to the pool, but there are other places with hot tubs and always spaces. That said, we have only sailed on Odyssey and not the bigger ships. Go for it - you won't regret it.

So Ithakan,

You imagine that Azamazamazing passengers are ALL thoughtful and considerate? How very odd!

We all know that there is a value proposition in play when choosing cruises. But Azamara?

Go ahead and take the plunge. You probably won’t look back. Do give Seabourn a fair crack of the whip. I hope for the best! And then do report back including any deck chair drama.

Happy and healthy sailing!

5 hours ago, Ithikan said:

I have to say, we are 6 SB cruises in, and we've never come across a problem, ever!  

And I've never not been able to find a lounger more or less where I want, but I'm pretty easygoing where and if there are no suitable beds on the pool deck, I go to another deck, not a problem.    

Bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, it's nothing to worry about.  

Thank you, all, for your responses.  Fact is, during our cruises we very seldom seek out sun loungers - the interest in this thread was in reading of the responses and reactions of SB cruisers to the, evidently regular, “chair hog” debate.  

I jumped onboard this thread seeking general insight about SB passengers, while knowing full-well that cruise critic members do not represent everyone!  I feel reassured that it is just a few individuals playing the This Is My Boat game, and those folks can be found worldwide, can’t they?

Markham, I didn’t state that passengers with a different cruise line are more or less thoughtful than others.  I named our recent experiences on Azamara to reference my original post.  Your statement about “value proposition” if choosing an Azamara cruise, taken together with the whole sun bed timing debate, speaks to who you are as a SB passenger, and  certainly answers the original concern.

Still looking at those SB cruises...  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Thank you, all, for your responses.  Fact is, during our cruises we very seldom seek out sun loungers - the interest in this thread was in reading of the responses and reactions of SB cruisers to the, evidently regular, “chair hog” debate.  

I jumped onboard this thread seeking general insight about SB passengers, while knowing full-well that cruise critic members do not represent everyone!  I feel reassured that it is just a few individuals playing the This Is My Boat game, and those folks can be found worldwide, can’t they?

Markham, I didn’t state that passengers with a different cruise line are more or less thoughtful than others.  I named our recent experiences on Azamara to reference my original post.  Your statement about “value proposition” if choosing an Azamara cruise, taken together with the whole sun bed timing debate, speaks to who you are as a SB passenger, and  certainly answers the original concern.

Still looking at those SB cruises...  Thanks again.

If you want to talk about the value proposition between Seabourn and Azamara I firmly believe Seabourn a a FAR greater value. I would never sail on Azamara in one of their standard balcony cabins. Far too claustrophobic for me. So in order to approximate the suite size on Seabourn I need to book a Club Continent suite which is still smaller. Once I do that (plus add on the extras cost for a better beverage package which will give me the option of drinking the same brads of alcohol I get included on Seabourn) I am spending as much if not more on Azamara.

Wripro,

Thank you for adding this dimension of what you value about Seabourn to the topic. Suite size and beverage service matters, in terms of what Azamara cruisers pay for that product, now are clearer! We all want what’s best and hopefully others will recognize why Seabourn’s loyal customers strive to protect and enhance the brand and what happens on board e.g. with those sun-loungers. Simple as that.

Happy and healthy sailing!