RCL online check in & travel docs

doveyy04

Myself, my partner and my 11 yr old son are going on our first cruise with RCL at the end of August from the UK and I’m just wanting to confirm what I need to bring with us to check in.

The online check in process has been a nightmare, originally I did the online check in on my laptop and all seemed fine, I downloaded the RCL app too and all seemed fine but then occasionally when I use the app it randomly shows that not all guests are checked in!! 

Anyway today I got an email which has my cruise booklet with the luggage tags and all info and a link to ‘get my tickets’ when I click that it takes me to a different RCL website then I’ve seen before and it says that all 3 guests info is not complete, it was asking for holiday insurance info and my travel details like how am I getting to port and what time? Anyway I filled this extra info in and it says my ‘set sail pass’ that I did have on the app occasionally was invalid so I had to reprint. 

Anyway I hope my set sail pass is ok now but just to double check what do I need on the day? I will print out the set sail passes and luggage tags as well as have the RCL mobile app ready and also of course passports too. Is there anything else? 

One thing is that I’m struggling to take a photo of our passport photos to upload onto the check in, I can’t get a good focus, will not having photos slow down the process of check in? Not uploading photos hasn’t stopped me checking in online.

Thanks for any assistance

With respect to all of your laudable efforts, if you and your companion show up at checkin with your passports and a method of payment for onboard purchases....you will get on the ship.

Everything else is for the convenience of RCL....checkin may move faster thereby allowing you to be on the ship sooner.

• Like 1

Instead of taking a photo of your passport photo, just take a headshot photo of each person!  If the photo doesn't meet Royal's requirements, they'll just snap a new one on their own equipment (either a webcam or a tablet camera) -- takes all of 20 seconds at the pier.  

And if you have the app, you can take a "screenshot" of the SetSail Pass, so that if there's a technology blip with the app at the pier, you already have the screenshot of the SSP on your phone.

I'm not sure why Royal struggles so much with technology... their website and app are known to be problematic on and off.  However, I've NEVER found the shipboard experience to be at all like the IT experience.  Staff are friendly and helpful and efficient... maybe to make up for the hassles we experience prior to getting on board!

Have a great cruise!