Dubai & Arabian Gulf cruises cancelled by P & O

IDB37

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/po-cruises-cancels-dubai-and-arabian-gulf-programme-18963

Perhaps unsurprising given the present tensions in the region and P & O's British heritage, but I wonder if other cruise lines/Princess will follow suit ?

We did the 37 day Singapore to Southamption cruise in March/April this year, and are presently feeling somewhat fortunate re our timing.

Edited by IDB37
Grammar

8 hours ago, compozer said:

I hope not.  We had our Tahiti to fll cruise canceled on the Pacific last month for Nov. 2020.  We are doing Rome to Singapore this November.

That's the Suez canal.1 sea down from the Gulf.No probs there yet.

I do understand why they have cancelled the cruises but do not understand that they chose to announce it but not have the replacement cruises announced until 3 weeks later! Surely they could have done the 2 at the same time so that we all know what the possible alternatives would be and plan accordingly

19 minutes ago, aljo66 said:

I do understand why they have cancelled the cruises but do not understand that they chose to announce it but not have the replacement cruises announced until 3 weeks later! Surely they could have done the 2 at the same time so that we all know what the possible alternatives would be and plan accordingly

I think they will release them prior to 20th.  But who knows?  It would seem unreasonable as you say to expect people to book without time to consider their options.  But it would have been good to release the new itineraries at the time of the announcement or at the least give a date when they will be released.  

On 8/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, IDB37 said:

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/po-cruises-cancels-dubai-and-arabian-gulf-programme-18963

Perhaps unsurprising given the present tensions in the region and P & O's British heritage, but I wonder if other cruise lines/Princess will follow suit ?

We did the 37 day Singapore to Southamption cruise in March/April this year, and are presently feeling somewhat fortunate re our timing.

We did the Spectrum of the Seas inaugural cruise - Barcelona to Dubai - taking in the Suez Canal and Jordan - in April - and I too feel fortunate for the timing as it is a cruise I would not want to have missed 😊