Shopping the kids sail free sale, why do infants cost more?

I booked two cabins already and was looking to add one more cabin.  One of my current books has a 10 year old and an 11 year old.  The new cabin would also have 4 guests however the kids are both 9 months old.  When I price out the cabin with infants it is almost $300 more then the cabin of 4. I also checked to see if the cabins just went up in price but if I do a ghost booking of 4 with a 10 yo and an 11 yo, its the same price as yesterday.  I also tried to do a cabin of 4 with a 10 yo and an infant and it is more expensive. Anyone know the reason?

Edited by mickeyhereicome

I have noticed this before on the Royal Caribbean website. If you put in 0 for the ages you get a slightly higher price than if they are 1 year old. I think it likely a website glitch. For pricing purposes just put in ages 1. When making the booking just be sure to put in the correct date of birth at the end. Maybe worth a call to royal or a TA if that doesn’t work. 

4 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

I have noticed this before on the Royal Caribbean website. If you put in 0 for the ages you get a slightly higher price than if they are 1 year old. I think it likely a website glitch.

That shouldn't even work as RCI doesn't allow 0 for age on board - math is hard at RCI.

Thanks for the replies.  Yes same cabins/same sailing.  I ended up calling RC and explained to the rep.  She said it sounded odd.  She was able to get the correct pricing.  She did take screen shots of the pricing she saw before putting in their actual birthdates.  She said if her computer changed the price she would speak to her manager.  Thankfully we didn't have to get to that point.