Cruise card on Ocean Medallion sailings?

edgeman61

Greetings,

I collect the plastic room key cards from all of our cruise sailings and mount them in frames along with itinerary and ship info.

I wondered if Princess still gives out the plastic room keys on sailings that have the Ocean Medallion?

We will be on Royal Princess in September of 2020.

I appreciate your responses.

36 minutes ago, edgeman61 said:

Greetings,

I collect the plastic room key cards from all of our cruise sailings and mount them in frames along with itinerary and ship info.

I wondered if Princess still gives out the plastic room keys on sailings that have the Ocean Medallion?

We will be on Royal Princess in September of 2020.

I appreciate your responses.

They don't automatically, but you can go to the Passenger Services desk and request one. 

4 hours ago, idahospud said:

They don't automatically, but you can go to the Passenger Services desk and request one. 

I was on the Ocean Medallion ready Carib Princess in May. When I checked in in FLL they gave me the OM, I asked if I could have a room key also. I was told there are no more key cards.

The OM opens the door automatically.  On the wall  where the mailbox used to be, there is a device that looks like an     IPad. It flashes unlocked or locked depending  on what direction you are going. In the room I took the OM on a lanyard off. I was afraid if I walked too close to the door I would unlock it when I had no plans on leaving the cabin.

By the way when I entered the gifts and sundries shop, my room and name  would appear on the sales clerk's IPAD.

If you buy something you just put the OM on a spot and the transaction is done.

Many people used the OM  for other things. Since used it basically only for my  door, I can't speak about any other aspect.

Sali

4 hours ago, Orangefan said:

I was on the Ocean Medallion ready Carib Princess in May. When I checked in in FLL they gave me the OM, I asked if I could have a room key also. I was told there are no more key cards.

They can't issue a cruise card at check in because the people at the check in desk don't have them onshore. Once on the ship you can go to passenger services and they will print one for you.