RCCL Cannabis Policy. Where? What?

I'm embarking on a cruise soon that departs and sails within Canada for the first several ports of call. Recreational cannabis use has been legal here for about a year now. Am curious about policy regarding boarding with and consuming cannabis within jurisdictions where it is legal. 

Google searches and cruise critic searches point to the guest conduct policy but that policy only references prohibition of "illegal" drugs, which cannabis is not in Canada.

Does boarding with cannabis, and consuming it all (or otherwise disposing of it all) prior to entering the USA where the final ports of call are, be okay within the current RCCL policy?

2 minutes ago, gospelle said:

Where does it say that in the policy?

I don't know if it says that anywhere, but that is the reality for ships.  Once they are outside the legal limit any other country, they are under the laws of their flag country, which is the Bahamas for Royal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't know if it says that anywhere, but that is the reality for ships.  Once they are outside the legal limit any other country, they are under the laws of their flag country, which is the Bahamas for Royal.

i'm pretty sure someone trying to comply with a alcohol or cannabis policy shouldn't have to rely on their knowledge of international maritime law in order to do it. there must be a policy somewhere to guide the average passenger.

4 minutes ago, gospelle said:

I agree, so WHAT is the policy?

I don't know the policy, but I know they don't allow it. Just google "royal caribbean marijuana" and you will find many recent news articles written about people being placed under arrest.

I would contact the corporation directly for a definitive policy. 

Just now, njkruzer said:

Wasn't someone arrested on a Bermuda cruise for drugs, including pot, in their cabin? Maybe other drugs also. Police alerted by ship crew.

I've seen it happen upon return to the US too.

• Like 1

Just now, SRV FAN said:

Just call...……….

It amazes me that people seek answers on an internet forum from random strangers regarding a matter that could potentially land them in jail as opposed to contacting the company setting such policies. Anonymous people on the internet are not exactly the most trustworthy source.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

I doubt they would arrest you if detected. Probably just confiscate for the duration of the trip. Same as liquor and other things not permitted in the naughty room. Their house, their rules.

I mean irons, beer and ninja throwing stars aren't illegal but you can't have them on the ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CruisingNole said:

It amazes me that people seek answers on an internet forum from random strangers regarding a matter that could potentially land them in jail as opposed to contacting the company setting such policies. Anonymous people on the internet are not exactly the most trustworthy source.

I totally agree. With a subject like this I also wouldn´t rely on the Point "well if nobody on an Internet message board can provide me with the information that it´s not allowed it must be good to take".

Call them and if someone on the phone tells you "yes" get it in writing!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

I doubt they would arrest you if detected. Probably just confiscate for the duration of the trip. Same as liquor and other things not permitted in the naughty room. Their house, their rules.

But that's the whole point of this. I want to know if it's permitted or not.

4 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

jail? perhaps you're not aware, cannabis is totally legal in Canada. I would absolutely not end up in jail.  As I've stated in the original post, and again in my responses, we are boarding in Canada and the first few ports of call are in Canada. There would be zero possibility of jail.

• Haha 1

Just now, gospelle said:

But that's the whole point of this. I want to know if it's permitted or not.

Call them and ask! You won´t accept People telling you "no it´s not" anyway. If someone tells you "yes" on here, you´d probably be happy to accept the answer as it´s what you want to hear, but it still won´t tell you for sure.