YVR bathrooms

lovecruzin

A bit of an off the wall question!

When we flew into YVR from the US , I did not see any toilets between the gate where we disembarked and customs. Did I miss them or is this something that one needs to take into consideration and plan for before deplaning!? 

4 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

When we flew into YVR from the US , I did not see any toilets between the gate where we disembarked and customs. Did I miss them or is this something that one needs to take into consideration and plan for before deplaning!? 

Personal experience is that this is the norm in most airports.  Would never say all, as there are still many places I have never been, but I remember noting this issue many years ago and have had to plan for it as well in the past.

35 minutes ago, xlxo said:

There are bathrooms right after customs when you collect your baggage.

I guess it's to prevent some to conveniently loose their travel documents.

And the luggage carousel is a bit beyond customs!

I understand its most likely for security purposes and hopefully our next trip to YVR will also be during a less busy arrival time!

3 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

As you approach customs, they are to the left of the bottom of the stairs/escalators  as you are heading towards the Customs lines.  I always wait to use these as they are very clean and well-maintained as opposed to the toilets on the plane at the end of a flight! 

Edited by ell52

50 minutes ago, ell52 said:

As you approach customs, they are to the left of the bottom of the stairs/escalators  as you are heading towards the Customs lines.  I always wait to use these as they are very clean and well-maintained as opposed to the toilets on the plane at the end of a flight! 

Thank you, good to know. I had trouble believing there were none...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

And the luggage carousel is a bit beyond customs!

I understand its most likely for security purposes and hopefully our next trip to YVR will also be during a less busy arrival time!

As you must have your baggage to go through Customs, the luggage carousels are before Customs.

Immigration/Passport check , with it's frequently long and slow lines, which could be challenging without a bathroom break, is the first thing you do, and before the luggage carousels.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

<snip>

Immigration/Passport check , with it's frequently long and slow lines, which could be challenging without a bathroom break, is the first thing you do, and before the luggage carousels.

Yes. I called it Customs when the area I meant is the Immigration/passport lines!  It’s the big hall you face as you head downstairs either by stairs or escalator.  When you get to bottom of the stairs turn left and toilets are towards the back wall. 

Edited by ell52

1 hour ago, ell52 said:

Yes. I called it Customs when the area I meant is the Immigration/passport lines!  It’s the big hall you face as you head downstairs either by stairs or escalator.  When you get to bottom of the stairs turn left and toilets are towards the back wall. 

Me too when I mentioned the toilets by the luggage carousel after customs which is actually immigration/passport! 

Thank you to my “neighbor” in Petaluma for correcting us! 😊

Edited by lovecruzin
  • Like 1