Could you if you wanted to, order another appetizer or entree in the MDR

Thad409

7 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

If we get back to the simple question asked on this thread, the simple answer is yes, you may order multiples of anything on the menu every night.  You may also order things not on the menu if you have dietary restrictions and have prearranged it.

I can't remember a night when I didn't order a shrimp cocktail and another appetizer.

Feel free to order whatever appetizers, entrees, and desserts you want until Carnival changes this unwritten policy.

Personally I feel free to ignore the preaching posts.

Same.  I order what I want.  Next, they are going to want the whole table to skip apps when they just want entrees or vice versa.  

• Like 1

I don't like to waste food, but I do order 2 appetizers if there are 2 I want to try, or if I don't care for the entree selections. I also will order cheese plate as appetizer if I don't care for the appetizers listed.

32 minutes ago, Thad409 said:

Thanks for all the info and we do my time dining, so hopefully no one will be waiting on us to finish .

If the wait team knows the table isn't together, they will serve you out of order if they have another table on your schedule.  The wait team does not always know if the table is a family group.

The MDR is great place to try the menu. they want you to be happy and find stuff you like its not like on land where you are stuck with what you order or you have to pay to get another I know some people some nights after exsurions will just get appz as their meal two or three for their party of 2 and eat that and salad. Its all about you in the MDR so make the most of it. cause if you are unhappy they are unhappy.

Another trick about appetizers if you're not aware- many of the main dishes can also be provided as an appetizer in a smaller quantity if you ask.

For example, I'd never tried Spaghetti Carbonara before so I ordered a different main dish... the waiter told me I could try the spaghetti as an app and then I'd know next time whether I wanted to order it as a main dish.

(It was yummy, by the way!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Another trick about appetizers if you're not aware- many of the main dishes can also be provided as an appetizer in a smaller quantity if you ask.

For example, I'd never tried Spaghetti Carbonara before so I ordered a different main dish... the waiter told me I could try the spaghetti as an app and then I'd know next time whether I wanted to order it as a main dish.

That's good to know I wouldn't have thought about that 

On 8/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Al pasta dishes can be ordered in app size.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, toads45froggy said:

The MDR is great place to try the menu. they want you to be happy and find stuff you like its not like on land where you are stuck with what you order or you have to pay to get another I know some people some nights after exsurions will just get appz as their meal two or three for their party of 2 and eat that and salad. Its all about you in the MDR so make the most of it. cause if you are unhappy they are unhappy.

Do you really think they care if you are happy or not?   They probably could care less but it is their job to act like they like you and your family.  

I didn’t know you could request some of the main dishes, like pastas, as appetizers- that’s good to know! 

We sailed Horizon over this last 4th of July holiday, and had YTD- we ordered additional entrees and sides every night (party of 6 with some fussy eaters). One night my son only wanted a couple sides of the Mac and Cheese and our server brought him FIVE!! They are very happy to oblige! The only negative is a crowded table 🤗

God yes, lol.  You can order the whole menu. We ordered tons and tons. The waiters would even just show up with extra stuff for us, too.  We had a large table and had a blast trying everything.  It's incredibly normal. Don't feel weird ordering extra. 

Another thing we will do is ask our waiter to have the cheese plates on the table when we arrive. And they will always have little things for the kids, too. 

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bplazo said:

Do you really think they care if you are happy or not?   They probably could care less but it is their job to act like they like you and your family.  

I disagree with this. The ones that truly don't care wouldn't last. That would be one heck of a grind if you couldn't even get a little enjoyment out of your job and interacting with guests. You can definitely tell when they are genuine. Their job is to make you happy, and if they like their job, then they enjoy making you happy.  If you don't get that vibe, maybe its you? 

• Like 1

I think they enjoy their job, but with any job your going to have your good and bad days

17 hours ago, bplazo said: