GEM!!! Where is spice h20 held :( please not indoors!?

caddykid12

Been very spoiled on breakaway bliss escape

Did gem in 2012. Was very blah. Made me leave NCL for a few years. 

Willing to give her another try

Where do they hold the spice h20 and glow parties. There is no aft area i know. Please tell me its poolside or OUTSIDE and not inside or spinnaker.

The spice h20 on bigger ships are great  will be very upset to hear if they hold it inside 

2 hours ago, caddykid12 said:

Been very spoiled on breakaway bliss escape

Did gem in 2012. Was very blah. Made me leave NCL for a few years. 

Willing to give her another try

Where do they hold the spice h20 and glow parties. There is no aft area i know. Please tell me its poolside or OUTSIDE and not inside or spinnaker.

The spice h20 on bigger ships are great  will be very upset to hear if they hold it inside 

Spice H2O is not a party that can be held indoors and/or outdoors...Spice H2O is the name of a venue.

We've been on the Gem MANY times & the "White Hot" and other parties are just as much fun in the Spinnaker or poolside as they are on the 'Away class & bigger NCL ships, IMHO.  We actually prefer the game shows (Not-so-Newlywed, The Quest, Liars Club, etc) being held in Spinnaker rather than the Atrium on the "Away class; seating in Spinnaker is MUCH better.

As SeaShark correctly points out "Spice H2O" is a place NOT the actual party.  We've been to the parties there (White Hot, in particular) & it IS nicer having it on a warm night under the stars & not cooped up inside or by the main pool.  However on a recent TA they had the "Glow" party in the Getaway's Atrium rather than H2O due to the weather.  That was a disaster.  Most people left early on.  If they had had a Spinnaker lounge-type venue available it would have been MUCH better than the Atrium!

Yes, I'll admit we've also been spoiled having sailed on the 'Away class ships the last few times but don't sell the Jewel-class ships short!  Remember: any day on any cruise ship at any time is better than a day at home!  At least that's how I look at it...lol

Hope you have a great cruise on the Gem!!  If you like guitar music look up "Leo"; he plays nights in the Deck 6 bar areas & sometimes in the Atrium.  He's great!

Edited by tomk3212

I am cruising on the Gem in a few short weeks and realized after booking that there is no adult only area except for the spa. Can anyone tell me of a outside area that is better than others if I want to avoid tantruming children. I run a day care for a living so this is one week I want to avoid toddlers.

Sounds like you're a bit confused.

Spice H20 is a venue on the Breakaway and Breakaway plus ships (I think something else took it's place on Bliss).  It's an adult pool area with a huge screen outdoors.  It's not an event.  So, if you went looking for it on the GEM, as you pointed out you didn't find it since it doesn't exist on the GEM.

Glow is a party that can be held on different venues depending on ship.  Check your dailies to find out where and when.

Edited by graphicguy