Payment defaulted, have to repay a week before the cruise!

Templ_19

On 8/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, erdoran said:

I for one hope it worked out for OP.  I know how it can be, paying for something cash when you have the $$ to do so, and then you get hit with something unexpected and all of a sudden that money you have saved for the vacation is needed elsewhere, even if you aren’t a paycheck to paycheck person ordinarily.

I work with a lot of 20-somethings. One thing that some of them do is always use a debit card, and check their available balance frequently on their phone. I don't think the balance really sticks with them, only if they can drop $125 on dinner. They never look at the electronic statements because they do everything on their phones. Most debit card transactions show up immediately, so they trust the balance they see on the phone. I can easily see one of them not noticing more money in the account and spending "to the balance".

We all learn lessons of this type. You just don't think about someone depositing a bunch of money in your account. But after something like this, yes, you start to pay more attention.