Skybox Sports Bar

MRSG29

From my experience, they will show games on channels that Carnival has subscribed to.  For example, if your game is on ABC, maybe not per my experience last year.  Also, they will show what most people want.  Or, tune in a channel for you if you want to watch what's being played on it.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, devinc said:

From my experience, they will show games on channels that Carnival has subscribed to.  For example, if your game is on ABC, maybe not per my experience last year.  Also, they will show what most people want.  Or, tune in a channel for you if you want to watch what's being played on it.  

I guess that's my biggest thing is finding out what channels they subscribe to in the Skybox.

As recent as two years ago the SkyBox Sports Bar was always packed on Saturdays with multiple college games on all day and night. Last year was a completely different story with Carnival no longer showing the major networks on their ships. It will probably be similar this year with only games on a few cable channels likely available. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As recent as two years ago the SkyBox Sports Bar was always packed on Saturdays with multiple college games on all day and night. Last year was a completely different story with Carnival no longer showing the major networks on their ships. It will probably be similar this year with only games on a few cable channels likely available. 

Yeah that's my concern. If they don't have the local network channels like ABC.

11 minutes ago, MRSG29 said:

Yeah that's my concern. If they don't have the local network channels like ABC.

This raises the question: Local to which city?  Carnival has cruises from all over the US and Canada.

I'm guessing they pick channels from the most popular nationwide US networks, and hope people like them.  It's one thing to show events like Super Bowl, World Series, or March Madness.  It's another thing to show city-specific games.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I can't remember too many times where they weren't showing what I wanted to watch. The channels they have in there are different from what you can access in the room. The biggest problem was always finding a seat

I assume you didn’t cruise last Fall. I was on two cruises last Fall and the SkyBox Sports Bar was not very crowded on Saturdays. With Carnival no longer carrying ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX, a significant number of college games were not available on Carnival ships last season.  

9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume you didn’t cruise last Fall. I was on two cruises last Fall and the SkyBox Sports Bar was not very crowded on Saturdays. With Carnival no longer carrying ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX, a significant number of college games were not available on Carnival ships last season.  

Yeah ABC is one of the main carriers of CFB games along with FOX. The others are normally on ESPN network.

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Don’t forget CBS broadcasts games for the best conference in college football...the SEC, and NBC broadcasts Notre Dame home games. 

Booooo. Lol but yeah NBC and CBS as well.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, Saint Greg said:

If it's not on one of the ESPN channels, I wouldn't count on getting to see it.

Yeah that's the thing that will suck. My Sooners play that Sunday night but its on ABC.

If it

3 minutes ago, MRSG29 said:

Yeah that's the thing that will suck. My Sooners play that Sunday night but its on ABC.

If its a Night Game On ABC I would think you could see it . I am an Ohio State fan and normally I always see Nationally Broadcasted games with them . But then you never know on a cruise LOL. 

3 minutes ago, frito58 said:

If it

If its a Night Game On ABC I would think you could see it . I am an Ohio State fan and normally I always see Nationally Broadcasted games with them . But then you never know on a cruise LOL. 

Its actually a night game. They moved the game to that Sunday back during the summer so it will be the only CFB game on that day.

I am thankful my team is playing a cupcake team on 8/31.   LOL.  Last  year they didn't show my team either.    I did cruise this same weekend last year and they had some games on but that was before they changed the tv line up.   I

• Like 1